Poco X2 was receives the Android 11 update in January. Now Poco has started rolling out newest MIUI 12.5 custom skin update for the Poco X2. The Poco X2 was announced last year with MIUI 11 based Android 10 OS. Now the device receives yet another major update which is pending for release from the past few months. As the update is now available, Poco X2 users can upgrade their device to MIUI 12.5 version, before updating your smartphone, here you can check everything about Poco X2 MIUI 12.5 Update.
Xiaomi already pushed its newest skin to the Poco X3 Pro and Poco F2 Pro, now it’s time for last year’s Poco X2. The update on Poco X2 is seeding with V184.108.40.206.RGHINXM software version number in India. The latest update weighs more than usual incremental update, so make sure to connect your smartphone to a stable Wi-Fi network for downloading the update. Apart from that, the update also knocks up the security patch to June 2021. For the time being, the update is limited to pilot testers.
MIUI 12.5 comes on Poco X2 with features like improved gesture response, 20x faster rendering, location information available in Xiaomi cloud app along with some other features. It also bring changes to the Notes app, like new tools for doodling and sketching, dynamic layouts, gesture shortcuts, and more. Here’s the complete changelog.
MIUI 12.5 Update for Poco X2 – Changelog
- New: With custom device model adjustments, any phone becomes faster after the upgrade.
- New: Response to gestures is now instant.
- New: With 20 times more rendering power, there are now few limits to what you can see on your screen.
- Optimization: MIUI became lighter, faster, and more durable.
- Updated Android Security Patch to June 2021. Increased system security.
- New: Compose mind maps with complex structures.
- New: New tools for doodling and sketching.
- New: Press and hold a sketch to adjust the strokes automatically.
- New: A gesture shortcut now allows you to create notes, tasks, and excerpts anywhere.
- New: Excerpts save text, URLs, and images to Notes in a few simple taps.
- New: Dynamic layouts bring the typography in Notes to a new level.
- All-new Notes.
Poco X2 MIUI 12.5 Update
Poco X2 users in India can now upgrade their smartphone to MIUI 12.5 update. As I said earlier, the update is limited to pilot testers. We can expect it will be available to everyone in the coming days. For now, the update is in rolling phase, so you can check the system updates, if it’s available then you can update your device. In case it is not available, but you’re in a hurry, then you can also update your Poco X2 manually with recovery ROM. Here’s the link.
- Poco X2 MIUI 12.5 Update (Stable) [Recovery ROM]
Before upgrading your smartphone, I recommend you to take a backup, before diving into the process and charge your device to at least 30%.
To sideload the recovery ROM package (Update file), you need to head over to the system settings > updates, then select the update package manually. Then, allow the prompts to install the build.
Once the installation process is completed, reboot your Poco X2 before start using it. That’s it.
You May Also Like – Download Google Camera for Poco X2
If you’ve any queries, then you can drop the comments in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: