Two months ago, Xiaomi started rolling Android 11 update on the Redmi 9T smartphone, but the update was based on the MIUI 12 update. Whereas, a bunch of Xiaomi phones had received the new MIUI 12.5 update by then. And the Redmi 9T users were also expecting the Android 11 update alongside the MIUI 12.5. Today, the news comes out that Xiaomi has started rolling out MIUI 12.5 update for Redmi 9T, and the best thing is, the update is based on Xiaomi’s newest MIUI 12.5 Enhanced build. Read along to know more about Redmi 9T MIUI 12.5 update.
Xiaomi takes too much time in releasing this major update, but better late than never, right? The latest patch is seeding with 188.8.131.52.RJQMIXM version number. The latest ROM is rolling through Global Stable channel, we can expect it will be available to everyone in the coming days. As this is a major upgrade, it may require some extra data for downloading this ROM. In case you’ve the Global variant, you can also sideload the update on your Redmi 9T and access the new updates, before arriving the OTA.
In terms of changes and features, then the MIUI 12.5 enhanced update on Redmi 9T comes with better memory management system and smart balance improves core system management. The Enhanced Edition of MIUI 12.5 has Focus algorithm which dynamically allocates system resources. Apart from that, Xiaomi addresses a couple of theme issues, such as navigation buttons display issue, wallpaper previews issue, UI element overlapping, and many other theming issues. Here’s the complete changelog of the update.
Redmi 9T MIUI 12.5 Enhanced Update – Changelog
MIUI 12.5 Enhanced
- Swift performance. More life between the charges.
- Focused algorithms: Our new algorithms will dynamically allocate system resources based on specific scenes, ensuring smooth experience on all models.
- Atomized memory: Ultra-fine memory management mechanism will make RAM usage more efficient.
- Liquid storage: New sensitive storage mechanisms will keep your system vibrant and responsive as time goes by.
- Smart balance: Core system improvements allow your device to make the best of the flagship hardware specs.
- Stable MIUI based on Android 11
- Fix: Navigation buttons weren’t displayed correctly in the super wallpaper settings
- Fix: Wallpapers from First space were also applied in Second space when Battery saver was on
- Fix: Wallpapers weren’t displayed correctly in Second space
- Fix: Wallpapers flashed while device was being unlocked in some cases
- Fix: Wallpaper services crashed in some cases correctly
- Fix: The screen flashed while Fingerprint unlock was being used
- Fix: Wallpapers stayed dark after Dark mode was turned off in some cases
- Fix: Some wallpaper previews weren’t displayed
- Fix: Home screen background went black after
- Fix: Ul elements overlapped in the super wallpaper wallpaper descriptions overlapped during the setup process Ultra battery saver was turned off
- Fix: Incorrect voice prompts for downloading super wallpapers in Accessibility mode
- Fix: Text truncation issues in super wallpapers settings
- Fix: When system font size was set to large, super wallpaper descriptons overlapped during the setup process
MIUI 12.5 Enhanced Update for Redmi 9T
At the time of writing, the MIUI 12.5 enhanced update is rolling out for users opted company’s pilot testing program. If everything goes fine, we can expect this update will make its way to stable channel. If you’re in a haste, then you can sideload the recovery ROM manually and update your smartphone to the newer software. Here’s the download link.
- Redmi 9T MIUI 12.5 Enhanced Update (Global Stable) [Recovery ROM]
Before upgrading your smartphone, I recommend taking a backup, before diving into the process and charge your device to at least 50%. To sideload the recovery zip Redmi 9T, you can flash it from the custom Recovery.
Once the installation process is completed, reboot your Redmi 9T before start using it. That’s it.
You May Also Like – List of Xiaomi Phones Eligible for Android 12 update
If you’ve any queries, then you can drop the comments in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: