The Chinese smartphone brand, Xiaomi, has finally started pushing the MIUI 12 update for Redmi Note 9S in regions of Europe and Russia. Just a few days ago, the Redmi Note 9 Pro receives MIUI 12 update in China. Now the company brings it to the Note 9S, by started seeding the new update in European and Russian units. Here’s everything you need to know about Redmi Note 9S MIUI 12 Update.
Originally published on October 18th, updates are added at the end.
This build is arriving with 188.8.131.52 QJWRUXM build number in Russia and 184.108.40.206 QJWTRXM for Turkey, weighs a whooping 2GB of download size. The new update is seeding with September 2020 monthly security patch. As for now, the OTA is seeding in regions of Russia. And the newer build is based on Android 10, Yup, this build will not bump up the Android version on Redmi Note 9S to Android 11.
In terms of features, the new update comes with features like new animations, intuitive UI, customizations, and obviously the MIUI 12 Wallpapers. At time of publishing, the complete changelog and screenshot of the update is not available yet, we’ll update the article once it is available to us.
To sideload the recovery ROM package, you need to head over to the system settings, then updates, then select the update package manually. Allow the prompts to install the build.
- Download Redmi Note 9S MIUI 12 Update (220.127.116.11 QJWRUXM) [Russia – Recovery ROM]
- Download Redmi Note 9S MIUI 12 Update (18.104.22.168 QJWTRXM) [Turkey – Recovery ROM]
Once the installation process completed, reboot your Redmi Note 9S, once done, you can start using your device running on MIUI 12 based Android 10.
Update 1: October 24
Redmi Note 9S (EEA) gets a stable MIUI 12 in Europe with a new 22.214.171.124.QJWEUXM build number. Here you can download the recovery ROM for sideloading.
- Download Redmi Note 9S MIUI 12 Update (126.96.36.199 QJWEUXM) [Europe (EEA) – Recovery ROM]
Updated – Changelog
- New: Swipe down from the upper left corner to open Notification shade and from the upper right corner to open Control center
- Optimization: Control center layout in landscape mode
- Fix: Home screen went black and started flashing after unlocking in some cases
- Updated Android Security Patch to October 2020. Increased system security.
- Fix: UI elements for accepting calls weren’t displayed in some cases
- Fix: Custom signature didn’t appear on the Lock screen
Status bar, Notification Shade
- Fix: Status bar wasn’t displayed correctly with color inversion
- New: A new mode for scanning documents
Update 2: October 27
Xiaomi Redmi Note 9S MIUI 12 stable update now available globally, you can also download the recovery ROM for manually sideloading. The global patch comes with V188.8.131.52.QJWMIXM software version.
- Download Redmi Note 9S MIUI 12 Update (184.108.40.206 QJWMIXM) [Global Stable]
Update 3: November 15
The global units of Redmi Note 9s gets another stable update of MIUI 12. The newer one is seeding with V220.127.116.11.QJWMIXM software version. Below we attach a link for manual sideloading.
- Redmi Note 9S V18.104.22.168 Global Stable Update (V22.214.171.124.QJWMIXM) [Download Link]
You May Also Like – Download iPhone 12 Pro Wallpapers
If you’ve any queries, then you can drop the comments in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: