Almost every week, there are some updates for Windows 11 Insiders, and these bring changes that later become available for everyone. This week’s Windows 11 update for Insiders in the Canary channel is now available with some new features and changes from the last Dev build.
Along with the new Insider preview build, today Microsoft also announced the date for the upcoming Bug Bash. The next Bug Bash will start on August 2.
Microsoft started the Canary channel only a few months back. This channel includes platform changes that take a long time before they are ready for the Windows release. Not all the changes on this channel make it to the Windows release.
The new Windows 11 Build 25915 to the Canary build includes new features from some recently released Dev channel builds. This includes passwordless improvements, modernized File Explorer home, and a few more.
The latest build includes New Outlook for Windows which is now an inbox app that includes data like emails, calendars, and contacts all in one place.
Here are all the official changes and fixes in this build.
Windows 11 Build 25915 Changes and Improvements
- We have improved refresh rate logic to allow different refresh rates on different monitors, depending on the refresh rate for each monitor and content shown on the screen. This will help most with refresh rate-dependent multitasking, like playing a game and watching a video at the same time.
- While a Dynamic Refresh Rate (DRR) is selected and Battery saver is also enabled, Windows will remain at the lower refresh rate and not switch to the higher rate until after Battery saver is disabled.
Fixes for known issues
- The issue that resulted in some Windows Insiders in the Canary Channel on ASUS devices or PCs with ASUS motherboards has been resolved and these Insiders should receive this flight.
- Ethernet-connected devices will no longer lose network connectivity after updating to this build.
The new Windows 11 Insider update is available for users in the Canary Channel. If you haven’t received the update, simply launch the Settings app on your Windows 11 PC, and click on the Windows Update option at the top right corner. Click on the Check for Updates button to download and install this new Canary build for your Windows 11 PC.
What is your favorite new feature from this Canary channel update? Let us know in the comments section below.
- How to Enable RGB Lighting Settings in Windows 11
- How to Get RAM, CPU, and GPU Widgets in Windows 11
- How to Get Copilot AI Access on your Windows 11 PC