Microsoft has just dropped the new insider preview builds of Windows 11 for testers. Today’s build goes live in the developer channel, labeled as the Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 23471. The new incremental update comes with a number of changes and improvements, read along to know more details.
Microsoft is pushing the new incremental update as Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 23471.1000 (rs_prerelease) build version number. It is a minor upgrade that you can quickly install on your PC. If you are a member of the Windows Insider Preview Program with the developer channel, then you can update your PC to today’s release.
Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 23471 comes with a number of changes one being the ability to access the Phone’s Camera Roll inside the File Explorer Gallery. The change isn’t available to everyone yet, it is limited to those in the canary and developer channels. Also, you must opt the OneDrive’s insider preview program to get a version of the OneDrive sync client.
With today’s release, the Windows 11 gets new natural voices in Spanish (Spain and Mexico) that allow Narrator users to comfortably browse the web, read, write mail, and do more. You can use one of the natural voices by navigating to Narrator Settings and then install the new Spanish voices.
Talking about the other changes, then Windows 11 Insider Preview Build brings updated network flyout on the Lock screen to align with Windows 11 design principles, the ability to merge tabs in File Explorer, Gallery in File Explorer, new toggle to switch between cellular and WiFi connection.
Here’s the complete list of changes and fixes coming with Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 23471.
Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 23471 – Changes and Improvements
- Lock Screen
- We have updated the network flyout on the Lock screen to align with Windows 11 design principles.
- File Explorer
- We are beginning to roll out the ability to tear out and merge tabs in File Explorer. This feature is beginning to roll out, so not all Insiders in the Dev Channel will see it right away.
- Gallery in File Explorer, which began rolling out with Build 23435, is now available for all Insiders in the Dev Channel.
- It is easier to control whether to use cellular when Wi-Fi is available but poor, using a new toggle which has been added to Settings > Network & Internet > Cellular.
Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 23471 – Fixes
- File Explorer
- Fixed an issue where pressing Shift + F10 wasn’t opening the context menu in File Explorer.
- Fixed an issue where access keys appeared inconsistently if no button was pressed.
- We fixed the following issues for Insiders previewing the Windows App SDK version of File Explorer:
- Fixed an issue that was causing explorer.exe to crash when opening the context menu for some Insiders. This same issue is believed to be the cause of some Insiders seeing an older design instead of the updated one.
- We fixed the following issues for Insiders with Gallery in File Explorer:
- Fixed an explorer.exe crash in the last flight related to loading/interacting with the scrollbar in Gallery.
- Fixed an issue where Gallery may require clicking twice on the node in the navigation pane for initial load.
- Fixed an issue where minimizing and reopening File Explorer would lose your scroll position in Gallery.
- Hovering your mouse over pictures in Gallery should now show a tooltip with information about the picture.
- Live updates (including filtering) are now enabled and no longer require using the Refresh button manually.
- Fixed an issue where some file types (e.g., .heic) were not rendered correctly or performantly.
- We fixed the following issues for Insiders with the modernized details pane in File Explorer:
- Made the background for thumbnails a little lighter in light mode so it doesn’t stand out as much.
- If you have Narrator running when you open the details pane, it should now announce the file name.
- If the setting to show file name extensions has been enabled, that will now be reflected in the details pane too.
- Fixed an issue that was causing the taskbar to get cut off when switching to and from the tablet-optimized taskbar.
- Search on the Taskbar
- We have fixed the issue causing Insiders to see an empty tooltip displayed momentarily in certain cases including while the gleam is hovered if the new hover behavior for the search box and search highlight gleam is enabled.
- Fixed an issue where Narrator with Braille support wasn’t reading numbered lists correctly in Microsoft 365 apps.
If your PC is running on Windows 11 with the dev channel in Windows Insider Preview Program, then you can install the new release preview build on your system. You can check for the new update by visiting Settings > Windows Update > Check for updates.
- How to Enable Full Screen Widgets Panel in Windows 11 Build 25201
- How to Change Mouse Cursor in Windows 11
- How to enable new Spotlight UI on Desktop in Windows 11 build 25197
- Best Windows 11 Themes for Desktop
- How to Enable Secure Boot on Windows 11
- Download Windows 11 Wallpapers
- How to get the New File Manager Experience on Windows 10 and 11
- 33 Essential Windows 11 Tips and Tricks to Master Windows OS