Microsoft released two new weekly updates this week. One for the beta channel and one for the canary channel. The Windows 11 update in the Beta channel comes with build number 22635.2419. While Insiders in the Canary channel are getting Windows 11 Preview Build 25967.
This month, Microsoft is celebrating the 9th anniversary of the Windows Insider Program. And we can see its impact in the latest beta builds as they come with some changes and improvements. Like last year, Microsoft is celebrating this year’s anniversary with new wallpapers.
In the Windows 11 build 22635.2419 Microsoft re-enables new Windows Ink experience that let users to ink directly onto edit fields. Currently it supports only English (U.S.). The Copilot for Windows now available with new icon.
And in the beta build for Insiders in Canary channel, there is new Settings homepage for dynamic and personalized experience.
Fixes in Windows 11 Build 22635.2419
- Fixed an issue where explorer.exe was crashing for Insiders in the previous flight when you tried to open File Explorer by using Open File Location in an app.
- This update addresses an issue that causes delays when you sign in. This occurs when a tablet pen is connected to your device.
- This update addresses an issue that affects iCloud Calendar and Contacts. Outlooks fails to properly sync them when you use the iCloud for Windows app.
Windows 11 Build 25967 – Changes & Improvements
- The Cortana app is removed after updating to this build. We have ended support for Cortana – see this page for more information.
- [ADDED 10/6] Under All apps in the Start menu, Windows 11 system components will now show a “system” label.
- We are trying out a scrollable view of quick settings to some Windows Insiders in the Canary Channel as part of evaluating effectiveness of different layouts. As part of the change, rather than having to edit the list to add new quick actions, the user now has a scrollable list of quick actions that can be rearranged.
- System Components currently listed in Settings > Apps > Installed Apps page, have moved to its own page under Settings > System > System Components.
- Xbox Game Bar is now Game Bar under Settings > Gaming.
[Windows Subsystem for Linux]
- The September 2023 update for the Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) has been rolled out and includes networking improvements in the latest Insider Preview builds. See this blog post for more details.
Check out more details about the new Canary channel update in the Windows blog.
The new preview builds are available to Insiders in the Beta channel or Canary channel. It is not available if you are on a stable Windows 11 build or an Insider channel different from the two mentioned. You can check for the update from Settings > Windows Update.
- The Big Windows 11 Update with Copilot and AI Tools is rolling out
- AI Enhanced Moving Wallpapers Rumored to be Coming to Windows 11
- Windows 11 23H2 Update Release Date, Features, and More
- 33 Essential Windows 11 Tips and Tricks to Master Windows OS
- 18 Best Windows 11 Themes for Desktop (Free)
- 23 Best Windows 10 Themes for Desktop (Free)