Today, Microsoft has released four new Windows 11 builds to the insider preview program, which includes two new beta builds and two release preview channel builds. For the release preview channel, Microsoft squashes a big list of issues on the 22H2 build and the same can be said for the original Windows 11 release. Read along to know more details about the Windows 11 preview build 22000.2243.
Microsoft rolls out the new build to the original Windows 11 with the KB5028245 build number. Although, today’s build is a small update, but bags a big list of improvements and fixes. You can easily upgrade your Windows 11 PC to the build from Settings. All the changes coming with the 22000.2243 build are likely to be included in the next Tuesday patch.
In terms of changes, the incremental upgrade brings enhancements to some of the letters of the Verdana Pro font family, addresses an issue that might affect Win32 and Universal Windows Platform (UWP) apps, improvements to Windows Push Notification Services (WNS) to maker better connection between the client and the WNS server, and many other issues resolved. You can check the complete list of changes here.
Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22000.2243 – Changes
- New! This update affects the Handwriting Software Input Panel (SIP), the Handwriting Engine, and the Handwriting Embedded Inking Control. They now support GB18030-2022 conformance level 2. Because of this, they meet the level 3 requirements.
- [ADDED] This update addresses an issue that might affect Win32 and Universal Windows Platform (UWP) apps. They might close when devices enter Modern Standby. Modern Standby is an expansion of the Connected Standby power model. This issue occurs if certain Bluetooth Phone Link features are turned on.
- This update affects the Windows Push Notification Services (WNS). It makes the connection between the client and the WNS server more reliable.
- This update addresses an issue that affects UI Automation and caching mode.
- This update addresses an issue that affects the Windows Notification Platform. It fails to send notifications from applications to you.
- This update addresses an issue that affects hybrid joined devices. You cannot sign in to them if they are not connected to the internet. This occurs when you use a Windows Hello for Business PIN or biometric credentials. This issue applies to a cloud trust deployment.
- This update affects Windows Autopilot profiles. The process to download the Windows Autopilot policy is more resilient. This helps when a network connection might not be fully initialized. This update increases the retry attempts when you try to download the Windows Autopilot profile.
- This update addresses an issue that affects the Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) repository. This causes an installation error. The issue occurs when a device does not shut down properly.
- This update addresses an issue that affects certain CPUs. There is inconsistent reporting of the L2 cache.
- This update addresses an issue that affects Event Forwarding Subscriptions. When you add an Event Channel to the subscription, it forwards events you do not need.
- This update enhances hinting for some of the letters of the Verdana Pro font family.
- This update affects user mode printer drivers. They unload unexpectedly. This occurs when you print from multiple print queues to the same printer driver.
- This update addresses an issue that might affect your computer when you are playing a game. Timeout Detection and Recovery (TDR) errors might occur.
- This update affects text edit controls in XAML. You cannot edit the controls again after they become read only. This occurs when you use the new Microsoft Input Method Editor for Japanese, Chinese, and Korean.
- This update makes Narrator announce the “Change product key” label.
- This update addresses an issue that affects the Defender Firewall Profile. It fails to automatically switch from a LAN that is trusted to a public network.
- This update addresses an issue that affects some virtual private networks (VPN). The VPN connection is unreliable on some routers.
- This update makes Country and Operator Settings Asset (COSA) profiles up to date.
- This update addresses an issue that affects certain display and audio devices. They are missing after your system resumes from sleep.
- This update addresses a deadlock in Internet Protocol Security (IPsec). When you configure servers with IPsec rules, they stop responding. This issue affects virtual and physical servers.
- This update addresses an issue that affects the MPSSV service. The issues causes your system to restart repeatedly. The stop error code is 0xEF.
- This update addresses an issue that affects a Clustered Shared Volume (CSV). The CSV fails to come online. This occurs if you enable BitLocker and local CSV managed protectors, and the system recently rotated the BitLocker keys.
- This update addresses an issue that causes Windows to fail. This occurs when you use BitLocker on a storage medium that has a large sector size.
- This update affects the Windows Kernel Vulnerable Driver Blocklist, DriverSiPolicy.p7b. It adds drivers that are at risk for Bring Your Own Vulnerable Driver (BYOVD) attacks.
- This update addresses an issue that affects the fastfat file system driver. It stops responding because of a race condition.
- This update addresses an issue that affects refsutil.exe. Options, like salvage and leak, do not work properly on Resilient File System (ReFS) volumes.
- This update addresses an issue that affects I/O over Server Message Block (SMB). It might fail when you use the LZ77+Huffman compression algorithm.
If your PC is running on Windows 11 original release, then you can install the new release preview build on your system. You can check for the new update by visiting Settings > Windows Update > Check for updates.
- Microsoft celebrates Pride with a new set of Windows Wallpapers
- Windows 11 Gears Up for AI Integration: Everything You Need to Know
- How to Change Mouse Cursor in Windows 11
- Download Windows 11 Wallpapers [4K Resolution]
- Best Windows 11 Themes for Desktop
- How to get Google Play Store on Windows 11
- How to sideload APKs on Windows 11