The first big Windows 11 update of the year is here. Microsoft announced the Windows 11 Moment 2 update almost a year after the release of Windows 11 (in October 2021). The new Windows 11 major update introduces a bunch of new features that make the Windows 11 experience even better. The new update has started rolling out today.
Microsoft updates Windows regularly, including major updates from time to time. Last year, the tech giant released a major 22H2 update with several useful features. And this Moment 2 update also includes some experience changing features.
The latest major Windows 11 update referred to as Moment 2 update comes with many new features such as Phone Link for iOS, AI-Powered Bing search on Taskbar, screen recording in the snipping tool, and many more features. Let’s take a look at all the new features in brief.
- AI Powered Bing on Taskbar: The moment 2 update brings the recently released AI powered Bing beta service to Windows 11 taskbar. Users must join the Bing Preview.
- Typable Search bar: In the taskbar, the search button now has space for typing. Users can type in the search bar without expanding the Task Bar.
- Phone Link for iOS: Finally the Phone Link is now available for iOS as well. In the Phone Link, you will get text messages, and calls, and see photos from your iPhone. Also, there are some Phone Link improvements for Samsung phones.
- Windows Studio Effects settings in Taskbar: With the new Windows 11 updates, users can adjust the Windows Studio Effects settings directly from the taskbar in Quick Settings.
- Redesigned Quick Assist app: The redesigned quick assist app now allows connecting quickly, switching between screen sharing and full control, a new laser pointer to highlight, and more.
There are many other features that you can read in detail by heading to the official Windows blog.
Microsoft begins the Windows 11 Moment 2 update rollout starting today. The update is available to everyone who is on the Windows 11 22H2 version. If you want to update your PC to the latest Windows 11 version immediately, you can check for the update by going to Settings > Windows Update. And then check for the update. If you don’t see the update, make sure to wait and try again. All new features will roll out by March 2023.