Windows 11 is improving itself day by day. As we all know, every Tuesday, Microsoft releases patches for its Windows 10 and Windows 11 operating systems every Tuesday. Now, these patches not only bring in new features but also bring in various fixes that help improve the functioning of Windows 11. Microsoft has just released another security patch, a second one for this month, in the form of a Windows 11 KB5011493 (22000.556) update.
This new patch goes by the name KB5011493 for the OS Build version of 22000.556. The update will gradually be available to all Windows 11 systems. While we know that there’s a new update, let’s take a look at what all the update brings and takes care of. The patch released today is just security updates to improve the overall security of the Windows operating system.
Here is what the changelog talks about
- Addresses a known issue that occurs when you attempt to reset a Windows device and its apps have folders that contain reparse data, such as Microsoft OneDrive or Microsoft OneDrive for Business. When you select Remove everything, files that have been downloaded or synced locally from Microsoft OneDrive might not be deleted.
Looking at the changelog, we see that the update now fixes the issue f data still available on your device even after performing a reset. This can be a problem for many people who might simply want to sell or donate their Windows 11 systems because the remove everything option simply isn’t removing everything. It’s a step in the right direction that Microsoft has taken to address this issue.
- Cookies can now be shared between Internet Explorer mode and Edge in Microsoft Edge.
- Dialog boxes have been fixed while using Internet Explorer mode in Microsoft Edge.
- Pressing the F1 key will no longer cause Internet Explorer mode to stop working.
- When connected to multiple monitors, the date and time will now be shown on each display.
- Display of Right to Left Languages in fixed that had issues being justified to the left in File Explorer Command and Context menus.
- Fixed the issue where time zone settings would be blank for accounts that are not administrators.
- Hovering the mouse on an empty space on the Taskbar will not display tooltips of the battery, sound and internet connection status.
Windows 11 servicing Stack Update – build 22000.469
- This update makes quality improvements to the servicing stack, which is the component that installs Windows updates. Servicing stack updates (SSU) ensure that you have a robust and reliable servicing stack so that your devices can receive and install Microsoft updates.
This new security update is now rolling out to many systems. If you wish to forcefully install the update, simply launch the Settings app and then click on Windows Update that is available on the right-hand side. Clicking on the check for updates button will begin to search and install the new update right away.
You May Also Like – Best Windows 11 Themes for PC
If you’ve any queries, then you can drop them in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
- How to Enable Secure Boot for Windows 11 [Guide]
- Windows 11 Compatible Laptops List – Updated
- How to Install Windows 11 using ISO and Media Creation Tool