Microsoft has just released two new preview builds for testers in Insider Preview Program. The new incremental builds are out for both the dev and canary channels, labeled as 23430 and 25336 version numbers. Read along to know all details about the new update.
Microsoft is pushing the Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25336 to the Canary channel. It is a minor upgrade, that can be installed quickly on eligible PCs. If you are a Windows Insider Preview Program tester and opted for the Canary channel, then you can easily update your PC to the new update from Settings.
In terms of changes, the upgrade brings performance improvements to Search in the Settings, it added the limit of 20 most recent tabs to display using ALT + TAB shortcut, and more. The complete release notes are here.
Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25336 – Changes and Improvements
- Improved the performance of search within Settings.
- Customers with 2 or more discrete graphics adapters with no integrated graphics can now choose which of the discrete graphics adapters is considered high-performance. Navigate to Settings > System > Display > Graphics > Default graphics settings and select which of the discrete graphics adapters you would like to be designated as the Default high performance GPU.
- A limit of 20 most recent tabs has been introduced under Settings > Multitasking to show tabs in ALT + TAB and Snap Assist. This change rolled out with Build 25330 last week.
Talking about the Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 23430, then it is rolling out for developers with several changes as well as fixes. You can now receive urgent or important notifications when Do not disturb is on and the window is in full-screen mode. Just like the Canary build, the limit of 20 most recent tabs added for the ALT + TAB multitasking shortcut. The next change coming to the dev channel is the ability to close apps in the task manager by pressing the right click.
Here’s the complete list of changes as well as fixes coming with the Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 23430.
Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 23430 – Changes and Improvements
- Urgent or important notifications that break through when do not disturb is turned on while using apps at full screen will now display a “view notification” button to view the content of the notification for privacy.
- In the previous flight, we documented that Content Adaptive Brightness Control (CABC) works on desktop PCs – however, it does not. We have updated that blog post. Content Adaptive Brightness Control (CABC) also needs to be enabled by the OEM (the manufacturer of the device). As a result, this feature is not available on all laptop or 2-in-1 devices.
- A limit of 20 most recent tabs has been introduced under Settings > Multitasking to show tabs in ALT + TAB and Snap Assist.
- We are introducing a new setting under Settings > Privacy & security > For developers to enable end task when right-clicking an app on the taskbar. This setting is in Build 23430 but does not currently work when the feature is toggled on. It will be fixed in a future flight.
Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 23430 – Fixes
- Fixed an underlying issue causing some Insiders to see an increase in explorer.exe crashes in the last 2 flights.
- Fixed an issue where text input features like touch keyboard, voice typing, and emoji panel might not launch.
- Fixed an issue where the buttons in the Pinyin IME’s settings flyout were hard to see when they had focus if a contrast theme was enabled.
- Task Manager
- Fixed an issue impacting Task Manager reliability.
- The search box should no longer be cropped at the top when the window is maximized.
- Fixed an issue where in Quick Settings, Narrator was reading out the previous page’s title instead of the active page’s.
- After downloading voice access, information to help you get started with it should correctly open again now.
- Fixed an issue where popups for voice access weren’t translated correctly.
Whether you are on the dev channel or the canary channel, you can easily update your system to the new builds. You can check for the new update by visiting Settings > Windows Update > Check for updates.
- How to Enable Full Screen Widgets Panel in Windows 11 Build 25201
- How to enable new Spotlight UI on Desktop in Windows 11 build 25197
- Best Windows 11 Themes for Desktop
- How to Enable Secure Boot on Windows 11
- Download Windows 11 Wallpapers
- How to get the New File Manager Experience on Windows 10 and 11
- 33 Essential Windows 11 Tips and Tricks to Master Windows OS