Microsoft has just pushed a new Windows 11 build to the developer channel, the newer incremental update is labeled with the 25236 version number. The latest insider preview build brings improvements to the Taskbar Search Shortcut along with a bunch of improvements and fixes. Here’s everything you need to know about the new Windows 11 insider preview 25236 updates.
Microsoft is testing a plethora of new things on Windows 11 via the developer channel. And with the new Windows 11 upgrade, Microsoft is pushing a new way to provide tips through Taskbar Search Shortcut, the feature is limited to English-speaking Windows Insiders in the US. The new feature is another attempt to reduce friction and improve the value of Search on Windows 11.
The latest incremental patch fixes a big list of issues on Windows 11, including multiple issues related to the taskbar which were impacting explorer.exe reliability, fixes the issue causing taskbar previews to freeze, File Explorer crashing issue when closing a tab, fixes an issue where natural voices like Guy or Jenny is not speaking in Narrator. There’s a big list of issues fixes with this build, here’s the complete list of fixes, shared by Microsoft on its Windows Insider Blog.
Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25236 – Changes and Improvements
- To improve the value of Search shortcuts and reduce friction in the broader Windows Search experience, we are trying out different ways to provide tips on how to use Windows Search via the taskbar. Only some English-speaking Windows Insiders in the U.S. will see this. If you do, be sure to give us feedback on what you think in Feedback Hub.
Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25236 – Fixes
- We fixed the issue causing natural voices such as Guy or Jenny to not speak in Narrator.
- Taskbar & System Tray
- Fixed an issue where if you opened the hidden icons flyout, it caused a File Explorer entry for it to appear in the taskbar.
- Fixed an issue that was causing the taskbar previews to freeze or show as blank and not open when using Windows key + (#) key commands to try and switch between windows.
- The show hidden icons flyout in the system tray should now responsively resize with changes again to prevent empty spaces and columns.
- Fixed multiple issues related to the taskbar which were impacting explorer.exe reliability.
- Fixed an issue that was causing the volume icon in the system tray to incorrectly show as muted.
- Fixed a GDI handle leak related to updating the notification center icon in the taskbar, which would eventually lead to an explorer.exe crash for people who received a large number of notifications.
- Narrator will now announce the pinned and unpinned status of apps in the taskbar.
- File Explorer
- Fixed an issue which was making File Explorer crash when closing tabs for some people.
- Made another fix for an issue which could cause errant divider lines in File Explorer’s navigation pane.
- Made a change to hide the battery graph on the Power & Battery page if a UPS is connected, as the capacity information it displayed in that case wasn’t correct.
- If you don’t have a kiosk set up, we’ve now updated the text on Accounts > Other Users > Kiosk to make it clearer you need to do that, so it doesn’t appear to be a dead end.
- Fixed an issue where if you went into the properties for an audio device, this could make it unexpectedly show in the output devices list on System > Sound although it was actually an input device.
- In the accessibility settings for color filters, the inverted option should work correctly again now and not just set your PC to grayscale colors.
- Fixed an issue causing some Insiders to see a bugcheck with error SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED in recent builds.
You can check the list of known issues on the Windows Insider Blog.
If you’ve joined the dev channel on Insider Preview Program and running on Windows 11, then you’ll receive the dev preview build. You can simply head over to Settings > Windows Update > click on Check for Updates. And from there you can simply install the update on your PC.
- How to Enable Full Screen Widgets Panel in Windows 11 Build 25201
- How to enable new Spotlight UI on Desktop in Windows 11 build 25197
- Best Windows 11 Themes for Desktop
- How to Enable Secure Boot on Windows 11
- Download Windows 11 Wallpapers
- How to get the New File Manager Experience on Windows 10 and 11
- 33 Essential Windows 11 Tips and Tricks to Master Windows OS