Microsoft has released the first Windows 11 insider preview build of this month. The latest upgrade is labeled with the 25136 version number. The firm continues the good work, the new build brings a couple of useful features to the dev channel. Microsoft is pushing the new update with File Explorer Tabs, navigation updates, dynamic widgets content on the taskbar, along with improvements and fixes. Read along to know more details about Windows 11 Insider Preview 25136 update.
Microsoft kicks off the new insider preview build of Windows 11 with a 25136.1000 (rs_prerelease) build number. As it is an incremental upgrade, it may need a small amount of data. The update is already available for users who have opted dev channel in Windows Insider.
The new update brings a couple of useful upgrades to File Explorer, it starts showing tabs on the title bar, and it also comes with the refreshed layout of the left navigation pane. Microsoft also adds some new dynamic content widgets on the taskbar includes weather, sports, and finance widgets.
Talking about the improvements, then the new build brings a fix to an issue which was leading to some PCs being erroneously detected as tablets, fixes an issue of taskbar apps to overflow with the system tray icons, fixed Task Manager crashing issue, along with some other issues, you can check out the complete list of fixes in the below changelog shared by Microsoft.
- We are beginning to roll out the ability for Insiders to report animated gifs they feel are inappropriate from the emoji panel (WIN + .)
- Addressed an issue which was leading to some PCs being erroneously detected as tablets. When this happened, compact mode and the option to hide checkboxes in File Explorer wouldn’t take effect.
- Fixed an issue causing some Insiders to experience a SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION bugcheck in recent Dev Channel builds.
- Fixed an issue that was sometimes causing taskbar apps to overflow with the system tray icons.
- When you hover on an app in the system tray, its notification will no longer flash.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Start to only show one column of recommended items.
- If you’re pinning a large number of apps to Start, it should now refresh to show them more reliably.
- Fixed an issue from the previous flight where Disks & Volumes section of System > Storage wasn’t displaying any disks or volumes.
- We made a fix to help with a rare issue which was causing title bars to sometimes go transparent or missing sometimes in certain apps.
- Windows Update
- Fixed an issue where Windows Update might unexpectedly show error 0x00000000 when there wasn’t anything wrong.
- Fixed an issue which was leading to some devices bugchecking with HYPERVISOR_ERROR when trying to upgrade to a new build.
- Task Manager
- Fixed an issue which was causing Task Manager to crash on launch sometimes after switching between light and dark mode or changing accent color.
- Fixed an issue which could lead to increased latency or stutter in games when v-sync was used.
- Fixed an issue which could cause some PCs to freeze after running the wsl –shutdown command.
As mentioned earlier, if you’ve joined the dev channel on Insider Preview Program and running on Windows 11, then you’ll receive the dev preview build. You can simply head over to Settings > Windows Update > click on Check for Updates. You can simply download the update on your PC.
You May Also Like – How to Install Windows 11 on Unsupported PCs
If you’ve any queries, then you can drop them in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
- How to get Tabs in File Explorer on Windows 11
- How to customize folder thumbnails in Windows 11
- Download Windows 11 Wallpapers [4K Resolution]
- Download Windows 11 SE Wallpapers [FHD+]
- Best Windows 11 Themes for Desktop (2021)