A few days ago, Microsoft released two different Windows 11 builds, one for the dev channel and one for the beta channel in Insiders. Today, the company has rolled out a new dev build of Windows 11 with a 25120 version number. Yes, the release is limited to the dev channel for testing purposes only. The update brings an experimental search widget to the desktop alongside some fixes. Here you can check everything about Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25120 update.
Windows 11 Insider 25120 build is apparently party of next year’s 23H2 aka Sun Valley 3. Microsoft plants the new build on the dev channel with Windows 11 Insider Preview 25120.1000 (rs_prelease), it is a minor incremental upgrade, you can quickly install it on your desktop. Moving to the features, then the dev build brings a new experimental search bar widget that appears on the desktop, you can turn it on or off by right-clicking on the desktop.
The latest insider build comes in with a bunch of fixes including the Settings crash issue while accessing the Battery usage graph, addressed issues while copy-pasting date and time, rollback updates for WSA users, addressed an issue leading to some unreadable text on the Performance page when contrast theme is enabled, the improved overall reliability of the system, and more. Here’s the complete list of fixes.
Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25120 – Fixes
- Suggested Actions
- Suggested actions should appear for more date and time formats now.
- Addressed some issues with certain formats when copying a date and/or time.
- Improved overall performance and reliability of the feature.
- Fixed an issue that could crash Settings when opening and looking at the battery usage graph.
- Improved performance of displaying Wi-Fi networks after enabling Wi-Fi from the Wi-Fi section of Quick Settings.
- Task Manager
- Addressed an issue leading to some unreadable text in the Performance page when a contrast theme was enabled.
- Fixed an issue which could cause Windows Update to stall and roll back updates for WSA users.
- Did some work to address a stutter in the progress wheel animation when upgrading to a new build.
Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25120 – Known Issues
- Some games that use Easy Anti-Cheat may crash or cause your PC to bugcheck.
- Live Captions
- Certain apps in full screen (e.g., video players) prevent live captions from being visible.
- Certain apps positioned near the top of the screen and closed before live captions is run will re-launch behind the live captions window positioned at top. Use the system menu (ALT + Spacebar) while the app has focus to move the app’s window further down.
As mentioned earlier, if you’ve joined the dev channel on Insider Preview Program and running on Windows 11, then you’ll receive the dev preview build. You can simply head over to Settings > Windows Update > click on Check for Updates. You can simply download the update on your PC.
You May Also Like – How to Install Windows 11 on Unsupported PCs
If you’ve any queries, then you can drop them in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
- How to get Tabs in File Explorer on Windows 11
- How to customize folder thumbnails in Windows 11
- Download Windows 11 Wallpapers [4K Resolution]
- Download Windows 11 SE Wallpapers [FHD+]
- Best Windows 11 Themes for Desktop (2021)