Microsoft has just released a new Windows 11 Insider Preview Build to the developer channel. The fresh developer release is labeled with the 23419 build number and rolling with a number of new features and changes.
The latest incremental upgrade is seeding with Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 23419.1000 version number. If you are a tester in Windows Insider Preview Program and opted developer channel to access the new Windows 11 features quickly, then you can also upgrade your PC to the newest 23419 build. As it is a small incremental upgrade your can quickly upgrade your system to the new build. Microsoft also released new ISOs for manual installation.
Microsoft is pushing the new insider preview build to the dev channel with a set of new developer-focused features in Task Manager to aid the collection of live kernel memory dumps (LKDs). The new update brings USB4 hubs and devices Settings page, which can be accessed by navigating to Settings > Bluetooth & devices > USB > USB4 Hubs and Devices. It enables new productivity scenarios for docking, high performance peripherals, displays and charging. The next thing is the addition of Cloud Suggestion in Simplified Chinese.
Talking about the changes and improvements, then the latest preview build brings new app pinning features, changing the “Recommended” section to “For You” in the Start Menu, the VPN profile icon in the taskbar, an option to enable seconds for Clock in the Taskbar, new Bing in the Search, redesigned Voice Access app help page, and more.
Here’s the complete list of changes and fixes coming with the Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 23419.
Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 23419 – Changes and Improvements
- The new features for app defaults in Windows 11 as mentioned here in this blog post are included in this build. The features for app pinning are coming in a future flight.
- Start Menu
- We are trying out a small change with some Windows Insiders where the “Recommended” section of the Start menu is changed to “For you”. Let us know what you think in Feedback Hub if you see this change.
- Taskbar & System Tray
- The glanceable VPN status show overlayed over an active network connection into the system tray when connected to a recognized VPN profile now displays in your system accent color.
- In response to user feedback, we are introducing the capability to show seconds in the clock on the system tray. This feature can be enabled by toggling the option listed under Settings > Personalization > Taskbar in the Taskbar behavior section. You can also right-click on taskbar to quickly get to taskbar settings. We are beginning to roll this change out so not all Windows Insiders will see this change right away, but we hope to make it available to everyone soon.
- Search on the Taskbar
- Once you have access to the new Bing, the search box on the taskbar will include a button that opens the Bing chat experience in Edge. If you don’t have access to the new Bing, the search box on the taskbar will feature a dynamic search highlight button. We’re beginning to roll this out to Insiders, not everyone will see it right away.
- Voice Access
- The redesigned in-app help page in voice access introduced with Build 23403 now includes all commands and the supplementary information accurately.
- As part of the deprecation of Microsoft Support Diagnostic Tool (MSDT) and MSDT Troubleshooters, we have begun redirecting some of the troubleshooters found under Settings > System > Troubleshoot and in other areas of the OS to the new Get Help troubleshooting platform.
- Pressing the print screen key will now open Snipping Tool by default. This setting can be turned off via Settings > Accessibility > Keyboard. If you have previously modified this setting yourself, your preference will be preserved.
- Virtual Memory ranges which are marked by a KbCallbackTriageDumpData BugCheck Callback Routine will now be added to kernel-generated minidumps after a bugcheck.
Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 23419 – Fixes
- Improved the experience on logon after booting up by reducing the performance impact of startup apps.
- Taskbar & System Tray
- Fixed an issue that was causing Narrator to read the position before the name on system tray icons.
- Fixed an issue causing the show hidden icons flyout to open behind things like OneNote flyout and live captions.
- Fixed an issue which could cause explorer.exe crashes related to drag and drop.
- Search on the Taskbar
- Fixed a search crash from the last flight.
- File Explorer
- Fixed an issue which could cause explorer.exe to crash when opening Home if certain content was visible in the Recent section.
- Made some improvements to the performance of loading File Explorer in the case where there’s a disconnected network drive visible in the navigation pane.
- Start Menu
- Fixed an issue where dragging content across an open Start menu folder could cause a crash.
- Fixed an issue where after using voice typing your PC might not enter modern standby.
- Live Captions
- We fixed the issue causing live captions to not work for Chinese Traditional on Arm64 devices.
- Task Manager
- Fixed an issue where some of the details in the Performance page wouldn’t display properly until you resized the window or changed pages back and forth.
If your PC is running on Windows 11 with developer channel in Windows Insider Preview Program, then you can install the new release preview build on your system. You can check for the new update by visiting Settings > Windows Update > Check for updates.
- How to Enable Full Screen Widgets Panel in Windows 11 Build 25201
- How to enable new Spotlight UI on Desktop in Windows 11 build 25197
- Best Windows 11 Themes for Desktop
- How to Enable Secure Boot on Windows 11
- Download Windows 11 Wallpapers
- How to get the New File Manager Experience on Windows 10 and 11
- 33 Essential Windows 11 Tips and Tricks to Master Windows OS