Microsoft has just released two incremental preview builds of Windows 11 to the beta channel. The latest incremental builds are 22621.1616 and 22624.1616. The latest gradual updates are seeding with a flurry of fixes and changes. Read along to know more details about the new update.
Just like the previously released beta updates, Microsoft drops two beta builds, one of which included new features while the other did not. Microsoft is pushing the new build to eligible PCs with the KB5025308 version number, you can easily update your PC to the latest beta builds if you are an Insider tester.
Talking about the changes, then the incremental 22624.1616 build brings expanded language support for Danish, English (Ireland), French (Canada), Korean, Portuguese (Portugal).
In terms of fixes and improvements, the incremental update resolves the explorer.exe crashing issue reported in previous build, touch keyboard recognition issues, live captions crashing fix, as well as a bunch of fixes for accessibility.
Here’s the complete list of fixes.
Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22624.1616 – Fixes
- Turning on the new toggle under Settings > Windows Update for “getting the latest updates as soon as they are available” introduced in the previous build should now offer a “Windows configuration update” offered via Windows Update for Insiders on Build 22624. This update is designed to help us make sure this new toggle is connected to our backend services correctly. A Update Stack Package update (version 413.2122.0) is required.
- Fixed an underlying issue which was causing a noticeable increase in explorer.exe crashes in the last flight for some Insiders.
- Fixed an issue where the touch keyboard didn’t correctly recognize a hardware keyboard was available in some cases.
- Updated the TextInput/EnableTouchKeyboardAutoInvokeInDesktopMode MDM policy to allow “2” as a valid value to enforce showing the touch keyboard on tapping an edit control even when the hardware keyboard is attached.
- Live Captions
- Fixed an issue that was causing live captions to crash on first launch due to an issue impacting registry data retrieval.
- Fixed an issue causing live captions’ Add a language menu icon and label to overlap.
- Features have been added to the enhanced speech recognition language files to improve performance and provide out-of-language filtering meant to limit the incorrect captions for speech not in the caption language.
- Fixed an issue that was leaving voice access’s window empty after opening.
- Fixed an issue where voice access was crashing when using the command to go to the start of a document.
- Fixed an issue where if you turn off the profanity filter in voice access, it wouldn’t work.
- Fixed an issue where Narrator’s Ctrl + Home and Ctrl + End commands to move to the top and bottom of the web page weren’t working correctly in Edge.
If your PC running on Windows 11 and you are a tester in the insider program, then you can install the new beta build on your system. You can check for the new update by visiting Settings > Windows Update > Check for updates.
- How to Enable Full Screen Widgets Panel in Windows 11 Build 25201
- How to enable new Spotlight UI on Desktop in Windows 11 build 25197
- Best Windows 11 Themes for Desktop
- How to Enable Secure Boot on Windows 11
- Download Windows 11 Wallpapers
- How to get the New File Manager Experience on Windows 10 and 11
- 33 Essential Windows 11 Tips and Tricks to Master Windows OS