After releasing the Tuesday patch earlier this week, Microsoft has begun rolling out the new Windows 11 preview builds to the beta channel. Just like the previously released beta updates, there are two builds and this month’s builds are labeled with 22621.1465 and 22624.1465 version numbers.
Microsoft is pushing the Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22624.1465 (KB5023775) with a new set of features, whereas, the new features are off by default on the 22621.1465 build. If you are an insider and your PC is running on Windows 11 preview build 22623, then you will receive the 22624 update on your system. However, if you are on an older build, then you can expect the 22621.
It is a small incremental upgrade, so, you can quickly upgrade your Windows 11 PC to any of these builds. The newest incremental update is rolling with a number of new features. One big change coming with today’s update is, captions are now available in more languages, the new languages are – Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese (Brazil), Spanish and other English dialects.
The next feature is the updated touch keyboard settings, the new settings replaces the “Show the touch keyboard” when there’s no keyboard attached with three new options – Never, When no keyboard attached, and always. The update brings cloud based suggestions for Simplified Chinese IME, Multi-app Kiosk mode, VPN status icon for Taskbar, Voice access and many other features.
Here’s the complete list of changes in the Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22624.1465.
- Taskbar & System Tray
- We have added a glanceable VPN status into the system tray when connected to a recognized VPN profile. The VPN icon, a small shield, will be overlayed in your system accent color over the active network connection.
- Voice Access
- The redesigned in-app help page in voice access introduced with Build 22624.1391 now includes all commands and the supplementary information accurately.
Now let’s take a look at the fixes coming with this build for both Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22624.1465 and 22621.1465.
- This update implements phase three of Distributed Component Object Model (DCOM) hardening. See KB5004442. After you install this update, you cannot turn off the changes using the registry key.
- This update addresses an issue that affects a computer account and Active Directory. When you reuse an existing computer account to join an Active Directory domain, joining fails. This occurs on devices that have installed Windows updates dated October 11, 2022 or later. The error message is, “Error 0xaac (2732): NERR_AccountReuseBlockedByPolicy: ‘An account with the same name exists in Active Directory. Re-using the account was blocked by security policy.’” For more information, see KB5020276.
If your PC is running on Windows 11 (original release), then you can install the new release preview build on your system. You can check for the new update by visiting Settings > Windows Update > Check for updates.
- How to Enable Full Screen Widgets Panel in Windows 11 Build 25201
- How to enable new Spotlight UI on Desktop in Windows 11 build 25197
- Best Windows 11 Themes for Desktop
- How to Enable Secure Boot on Windows 11
- Download Windows 11 Wallpapers
- How to get the New File Manager Experience on Windows 10 and 11
- 33 Essential Windows 11 Tips and Tricks to Master Windows OS