Microsoft’s good work on improving experience on Windows 11 continues. Today, Microsoft has released two new preview builds for Windows 11 insider preview. The update is available for those who opted beta channel in Windows Insider Preview Program, seeding with 22621.1250 and 22623.150 build numbers.
Microsoft is pushing the latest beta to eligible PCs with 10.0.22623.1250 build number, if you are an Insider member, then you may have already received the new update on your PC. As always, you it is a small incremental patch which you can quickly install on your system.
With each incremental patch, Microsoft push new things to the Windows 11 and this build is no different bringing new policy for IT admins to manage how the search box on the Taskbar appears in their organisation.
Other than that, the update addresses a big list of issues related to Task Manager and Search on the Taskbar. The list of fixes the annoying issue where typing F is not working in the Search bar on Task Manager, Narrator not reading text in some dialog boxes, fixed an issue where ending processes in the Details tab not showing a confirmation dialog, search box slightly shifted after clicking on it, and more.
Here’s the complete list of fixes coming with Windows 11 beta 22623.1250.
- Task Manager
- Typing F in the search box should work again now.
- Fixed an issue where Narrator wasn’t reading out some of the text in dialogs.
- Dragging the window using the search box area should work now (like other areas of the title bar).
- If you do a search and then press the down arrow, keyboard focus should now move from the search box into the results.
- Fixed an issue where ending processes in the Details tab wasn’t showing a confirmation dialog.
- Increasing the text scaling should no longer result in a “see more” button appearing with no contents.
- Fixed an issue where focus might not get set properly to search, leading to Narrator not saying that focus was on the search box.
- If you have a contrast theme enabled and select one of the rows in the Processes page, that row should now show that it’s selected.
- Search on the Taskbar
- Fixed an issue where the search box would randomly disappear sometimes when you clicked it (leaving a blank space on the taskbar).
- Fixed an issue where the search box was shifting to the side slightly when you clicked it.
- If you have the taskbar set to auto-hide and press the Windows key and start typing, the taskbar should no longer unexpectedly hide.
If you’ve joined the beta channel on Insider Preview Program and running on Windows 11, then you’ll receive the new beta on your PC. You can simply head over to Settings > Windows Update > click on Check for Updates. And from there you can simply install the update on your PC.
- How to Restore Old Search Button on Windows 11 22H2
- How to enable Tabs in Notepad on any Windows 11
- How to Connect Apple AirPods to Windows 11 PC [Guide]
- Microsoft releases Windows 11 Build 25290 to the Dev Channel
- Download Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra Wallpapers [QHD+ Resolution]
- How much does Samsung Galaxy S23 Series cost?