Microsoft releases an incremental upgrade of Windows 11 to the insiders. Following the previous releases, Microsoft kicks off two builds to the beta channel with one rolling out with new features, whereas the new features are turned off by default on the second build. The latest release comes with Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22621.598 and 22622.598 version numbers. Read along to know more about the new incremental upgrade.
Windows 11 users who opted beta channel in Windows Insider Preview Program received the new update with the 10.0.22622.598 (KB5017390) firmware version. As it is an incremental upgrade, you can quickly upgrade your PC to the latest build. If you are a beta tester, your system can receive any of the two builds, the new features are coming with the 22622.598 build number. If you received 22621.598, then you can upgrade to the second build.
Speaking of the changes and fixes, then, for the time being, you will not be able to remove or uninstall apps with inter-dependencies, like Steam and Games running on Steam under Settings > Apps > Installed apps. Though, you can modify and uninstall Win32 apps.
Microsoft addresses the File Explorer issues including the issue where some users are not able to launch File Explorer folder windows in a separate process, response issues with the top part of File Explorer, and fixed the issue of command bar items not responding. This build also brings fixes to the double print queue issue and roaming user profiles.
Here’s the complete list of fixes coming with the new Windows 11 insider preview build.
Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22622.598 – Fixes
- File Explorer
- Fixed an issue leading to a small set of Insiders with “launch folder windows in a separate process” not being able to launch File Explorer in the last two flights due to an explorer.exe crash.
- Fixed an issue where you couldn’t interact with the top part of File Explorer (with the address bar) when File Explorer was full screen (F11).
- Fixed an issue where command bar items like copy, paste, and empty recycle bin may unexpectedly not be enabled when they should be.
Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22622.598 and 22621.598 – Fixes
- We fixed an issue that creates a duplicate print queue. Because of this, the original print queue stops working.
- We fixed an issue that affects Roaming User Profiles. After you sign in or sign out, some of your settings are not restored.
If you’ve joined the Insider Preview via the Beta channel and running on Windows 11, then you’ll receive the new update. You can receive any of the two builds, and if you get Build 22621.598, you will have the option to upgrade to Build 22622.598.
You can simply head over to Settings > Windows Update > click on Check for Updates. And from there you can simply install the update on your PC.
- 33 Essential Windows 11 Tips and Tricks
- Download Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 Wallpapers [FHD+]
- Windows Subsystem for Android latest update brings a slew of enhancements
- Pixel 6 vs Pixel 6a: Which one to choose?
- How to use Nearby Sharing on Windows 11 (Airdrop for PC)