Microsoft kicks off two new Windows 11 insider preview builds to the beta channel. The newly released builds are labeled with 22621.450 and 22622.450 version numbers. Obviously, both builds are an incremental upgrade over the last week’s insider preview build 22621.440 and 22622.440. The newer incremental update bags a bunch of fixes to the beta channel. Here you can check everything about Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22622.450 update.
Microsoft releases the new cumulative update to the beta channel with the 10.0.22622.450 (KB5016700) version number. Just like the last week’s beta build, the new features are available on 22622.450, whereas the new features on 22621.450 are not enabled by default. But still, you can taste the new features by installing the incremental upgrade on your PC. If you’ve opted for the beta channel in the Windows insider preview program, then you’ll receive the update over the air.
Moving to the changes, then the latest build addresses a bunch of known issues, the list includes tablet mode features showing on non-touch devices, a blank task view section on some app windows, fixes an issue with error code 0x80070026 while copy files on network drives, Edge not responding on IE mode, alongside some other issues.
The update also enhances the Microsoft Defender for Endpoint’s ability to identify and intercept ransomware and advanced attacks, improved storage replication over low bandwidth, and more. Here’s the complete list of fixes and known issues.
Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22621.450 & 22622.450 – Fixes
- New! We enhanced Microsoft Defender for Endpoint’s ability to identify and intercept ransomware and advanced attacks.
- New! We compressed a file regardless of its size if you have configured Server Message Block (SMB) Compression.
- New! We improved storage replication that occurs over low bandwidth or congested wide area networks (WAN).
- We fixed an issue that causes Windows to display tablet mode features for some devices that do not have touchscreens.
- We fixed an issue that causes some application windows to have blank sections in the Task View preview.
- We fixed an issue that occurs for some of you when you copy files from network drives. The error code is 0x80070026.
- We fixed a token leak issue in the LsapGetClientInfoEx
- We fixed an issue that, in certain cases, causes sihost.exe to use a high amount of the CPU.
- We fixed an issue that causes Microsoft Edge to stop responding when you use IE mode. This issue also prevents you from interacting with a dialog.
Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22621.450 & 22622.450 – Known Issues
- There is an issue in the recent Beta Channel updates that is causing the Photos app to crash, and a fix will be rolling out soon via a Photos app update via the Store.
- We’re investigating reports that SQL Server Management Studio is failing to launch for some Insiders.
- [NEW] We’re looking into reports that audio stopped working for some Insiders after upgrading to Build 22622.440.
- File Explorer
- The left-half of the File Explorer title bar may not be draggable via mouse or touch.
- The up arrow is misaligned in File Explorer tabs. This will be fixed in a future update.
If you’ve joined the Insider Preview via the Beta channel and running on Windows 11, then you’ll receive the new update. You can receive any of the two builds, and if you get Build 22621.440, you will have the option to upgrade to Build 22622.440.
You can simply head over to Settings > Windows Update > click on Check for Updates. And from there you can simply install the update on your PC.
- 33 Essential Windows 11 Tips and Tricks
- Pixel 6 vs Pixel 6a: Which one to choose?
- How to use Nearby Sharing on Windows 11 (Airdrop for PC)