Do you want to whether your PC is compatible for Windows 11 or not? Here are two easy ways to perform Windows 11 Compatibility test.
Windows 11 is the new version of Windows released recently in the latest Microsoft event. And it will be available to the public starting this fall. The Windows 11 Insider build will be available early for testing though. Windows 11 comes with a major upgrade in features and it also comes with an upgrade in resource requirement as well. So, if you want to know if your Windows PC is compatible with Windows 11 this is the right guide.
Windows 11 packs some great features and new visual design and so everyone wants to try it out on their PC. The unofficial build of Windows 11 was leaked before its launch but that wasn’t available with all the features and also not recommended to use on primary devices. And now that the official build is announced, everyone will have one question and that is if their PC is compatible with Windows 11.
Windows 11 Compatibility Test
There is no doubt that Windows 11 comes with some great features for which we have been waiting for a long time. But there is no denying the fact that it will now ask for more resources on our PC. And this raises a big question if all Windows 10 running PCs are eligible for Windows 11. Well, we have shared guides like Windows 11 is free or not and Windows 11 compatible CPUs. But we still have the question of how to effectively test the Windows 11 compatibility test.
Microsoft also made available their new app PC health check to test Windows 11 compatibility. It is an official tool for testing Windows 11 compatibility. But most of us disagree that this is the best tool to perform Windows 11 Compatibility tests. It only shows whether a particular PC is eligible or not. No details on what is the reason your PC is failing Windows 11 compatibility test. Here in this guide, you will know two different Windows 11 system requirements checker tools including the Windows PC Health Check. Let’s first start with the recommended application.
Windows 11 Compatibility Test Using WhyNotWin11
As soon as Windows 11 was announced everyone rushed to check the windows 11 compatibility, and I am also one of those users. Luckily, we at YTECHB managed to get hands-on a third-party application that checks for every single requirement of Windows 11. And using the WhyNotWin11 application you can easily find out why your PC is not eligible for Windows 11 update.
All thanks to Robert Maehl who came up with this fantastic tool for checking Windows 11 compatibility. It checks for Current OS, Boot Method, CPU, CPU Core count, CPU frequency, DirectX+WDDM 2.0, Disk partition type, RAM amount, Storage, Secure boot, and TPM. All these are requirements for Windows 11 support. Let’s now check how to test Windows 11 compatibility with the WhyNotWin11 tool.
- Download the WhyNotWin11 application from the GitHub page.
- It is a portable tool and does not require installation.
- Double click on the WhyNotWin11.exe file to run the tool.
- Once the tool is open, it will automatically start testing your PC for Windows 11 compatibility.
- Just wait for the full check process and once done, you will have the result in front of you.
- If it shows a green box, it means your PC passes that particular requirement. If it shows an orange box then that test is incomplete, and if it shows a red box, then your PC does not meet that requirement.
- Since there are many CPUs that are compatible and many which are not compatible so the app will show the orange box for it. But you can check here to make sure your CPU is eligible for Windows 11.
It is one of the best ways to check why your PC is failing the Windows 11 compatibility test. In case if the TPM and Secure boot are failing, you can check this guide for TPM and this guide for Secure Boot. So, this was the recommended tool to test Windows 11 compatibility if you want to know why your PC failed the Windows 11 test. But if you just want to know if your PC is eligible for a free Windows 11 upgrade then you can check the next method.
Windows 11 Compatibility Test Using PC Health Check
The PC health check is the official app to check for Windows 11 eligibility. But it is not as detailed as the third-party tool ‘WnyNotWin11’. It gives one result: either your PC passed the test or failed. It leaves users clueless why their PC failed the Windows 11 compatibility test.
Later with an update, the app now provides a few details on why the PC failed the test, but still, it is not as detailed. In case you just want to check for Windows 11 compatibility, follow the steps given below.
- Download the PC Health Check app from their official site.
- Now install the application on your PC.
- Run the PC Health Check application and it will show some details of your PC like RAM, Storage, Windows update, etc.
- Click on the Check Now button which will be on the top Windows 11 section.
- It will then check and show the message for supported and unsupported devices.
- You can use the Learn More button if your PC is not supported for Android 11. But it doesn’t help much.
In case if your PC passes the test, you will get the free upgrade to Windows 11 once it is released to the public. For Insider Preview anyone can apply even if you have an unsupported PC. If you want to try the early build of Windows 11 then check out this guide.
Will Windows 11 Work on My Computer?
If you have this question then first you have to test the Windows 11 compatibility test using any of the above methods. And if your PC passes all the tests, you will get the Windows 11 update on your PC. But in case your PC is not eligible, you can still use official ISO to install Windows 11 on your PC using a bootable USB drive. And yes, you can also activate the Windows 11 using your Windows 10 activation key. So, make sure you save the Windows 10 key before installing the Windows 11.
You May Also Like – Download Windows 11 Wallpapers
So, there you have it, the guide to perform Windows 11 Compatibility Test. In case you have any doubt or queries, let us know in the comment section.