Microsoft released two new Insider builds today. One build for the beta channel and one build for the dev channel. Windows 11 Build 25211 is the latest Insider Preview build for the Dev Channel with some changes and bug fixes. Let’s find out everything about the update.
As you know Microsoft releases Windows 11 Insider Build for different channels every week. These builds bring some improvements that later go live to the public via major updates or small monthly stable updates.
The new Windows 11 update is rolling out with build 25211. And it brings some changes such as new settings experience for Widget, new Outlook for Windows (to Office Insiders), snipping tool update, and more.
The Widgets have new settings. Widget picker and Widgets settings are separated. To open the Widget picker, users need to click the ‘+’ icon, whereas to open Widgets Settings users can click on the Me button. And in Widget Settings, there are three options related to Widgets Taskbar behaviors which can be controlled from toggles.
Another helpful addition is the Task Manager option in the Taskbar context menu. This feature is available in Windows 10 but was removed in Windows 11. And after Insiders feedback it is finally back. Here are all the changes.
- We have some changes and improvements based off Insider feedback in this build – see below!
- We are beginning to roll out a new settings experience for Widgets.
- Windows Insiders who are also Office Insiders can now try the new Outlook for Windows! We’ve got the details below on how to get started.
- We are beginning to roll out an update for Snipping Tool which now includes the ability to automatically save your screenshots.
- As usual, this build also includes a set of fixes to improve the overall experience for Windows Insiders.
Changes and Improvements
- Based on your feedback, we’ve added Task Manager to the context menu when right-clicking on the taskbar. Let us know what you think!
- This build includes preliminary support to rearrange System Tray icons for Insiders who have the System Tray updates that began rolling out with Build 25197. Further improvements for this experience are coming soon. As a reminder, these System Tray updates are still rolling out and are not available to all Insiders just yet. If your PC does not have these changes, your System Tray experience will remain the same as before.
- Fixed an issue where the top part of File Explorer (with the search and address box) couldn’t be interacted with when File Explorer was in full screen mode (F11).
- For the time being, you will no longer be able to uninstall apps with interdependencies (e.g., Steam and gaming apps running on Steam) or repair Win32 apps under Settings > Apps > Installed apps. You will still be able to modify and uninstall Win32 apps without interdependencies.
There are many bug fixes along with known issues in the update. You can read all details on this page.
As the update is available to the Dev channel, if you have opted for the dev channel on Insider Preview Program and running on Windows 11, then you’ll receive the dev preview build. You can simply head over to Settings > Windows Update > click on Check for Updates. And from there you can simply install the update on your PC.
You May Also Like – What’s New in the Windows 11 2022 update (22H2 version)
If you’ve any queries, then you can drop them in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
- Microsoft releases Windows 11 Build 22621.607 with a ton of fixes
- 33 Essential Windows 11 Tips and Tricks
- Microsoft adds new Wallpapers to Windows 365, Get it here!
- How to use Nearby Sharing on Windows 11 (Airdrop for PC)
2 thoughts on “Windows 11 Insider build 25211 comes with new Widget Settings”
Is there a way to enable the new Widgets settings experience with vivetool?
I have 3 machines at build 25211, but no new Widgets settings menu on anyone.
I’ve been waiting for this new settings experience for months and now that MS announced it, I still don’t have it.
I finally found the ID to enable the new Widgets Settings menu.
Now I can disable the annoying “Open Widgets board on hover”
ViveTool /enable /id:38652916