Microsoft has released a new Windows 11 insider build 22623.885 to the beta channel. The update to the beta channel released after a week’s gap. Yes, last week we didn’t get any update in the beta channel. The latest beta build comes with a bunch of new features and changes which we will discuss later in this article. Let’s find out everything about Windows 11 build 22623.885 Update.
As usual, the new update is available in two different builds, build 22623.885 which comes with all the new features and changes enabled by default. Whereas build 22621.885 have some features off by default. Beta channel users can get any of the two builds.
The latest Windows 11 build 22623.885 brings the Windows Studio effect shortcut in Quick Settings on Taskbar for devices with a supported Neural Processing Unit (NPU). Using the Windows Studio Effect users can easily change Background effect, eye contact, automatic framing, and voice focus.
Energy Recommendation is a new option in Settings that will show recommendations by following you can improve your PC energy efficiency and reduce your carbon footprint. This is rolling out in batches so it may not be available to all Insiders at first.
The new Windows build also brings the option to expand widgets. When you click the widgets icon in the taskbar it opens a small widget board, but you can click on Expand icon to increase the widgets board size to full view. It is also a batch rollout.
Here are the remaining changes and fixes in the latest Windows 11 insider build.
Changes and Improvements in Build 22623.885
- This build includes support to rearrange icons in the hidden icons flyout in the system tray that began rolling out with Build 22623.746.
- We are introducing the new Tamil Anjal keyboard for the Tamil language. To add it, make sure Tamil (Singapore), Tamil (Malaysia), Tamil (Sri Lanka), or Tamil (India) is listed under Settings > Time & Language > Language & Region, and then click the “…” next to the language, select Language Options, and add Tamil Anjal (QWERTY) to the list of keyboards.
- This build includes support for the use of clipboard history (WIN + V) on password fields.
- Switched the touch keyboard icon option under Settings > Personalization > Taskbar from being a toggle to now being a dropdown where you can select Never, Always, or When no keyboard attached.
Fixes in Build 22623.885
[Taskbar & System Tray]
- Fixed a few explorer.exe crashes related to the recent taskbar and system tray work.
- The pin/unpin visual will now display when dragging system tray icons to any position along the system tray, and not only when hovering over the show hidden icons button.
- Fixed the issue where certain chat apps (that supported it) weren’t flashing with new messages or opening a preview on hover in the system tray.
- The show hidden icons flyout in the system tray should now responsively resize with changes again to prevent empty spaces and columns.
- Fixed an issue that could result in the show hidden icons flyout appearing disconnected from the taskbar in certain cases.
- Fixed an issue that was causing the volume icon in the system tray to incorrectly show as muted.
- Fixed an issue where invoking the context menu for items in the system tray might not put the context menu in the foreground and it would get stuck behind the taskbar.
Did some work to help improve the performance of deleting files via File Explorer (when emptying the recycle bin or using Shift + Delete) in the case where there are a large number of files being deleted at once.
Fixes for BOTH Build 22621.885 & Build 22623.885
- We fixed an issue that affects some modern applications. It stops them from opening.
There are some known issues as well in this update that you can check on this page.
The new builds are rolling out to users in beta channel. Users can get any of the two builds. In case you get Windows 11 build 22621.885 you will have the option to update to Windows 11 build 22623.885. You can manually check for the update in Settings > Windows Update.
You May Also Like – Best Windows 11 Themes for PC
If you’ve any queries, then you can drop them in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
- 17 Super Cool Wallpapers for iPhone and Android – YMWC 10
- Here are all wallpapers of Microsoft Surface 2022 [Download]
- How to Enable Full Screen Widgets Panel in Windows 11