Microsoft has just released the new Windows 11 insider preview build to the beta channel. Following the previous trends, Microsoft pushed two new builds to the beta channels – 22621.746 and 22623.746. The new build comes just four days after the insider preview build 22623.741. The new incremental beta build addresses a couple of issues. Read along to know more about the Windows 11 insider preview build 22623.746 update.
Microsoft has pushed the new cumulative update with the 10.0.22623.746 (KB5018490) firmware version to the beta channel. If your Windows 11 PC is running on a beta build then you will receive any of the two builds on your Windows 11 PC. Just like the previously released beta upgrades, it is a small incremental update that you can quickly install on your PC. For changes, the 22623.746 build is rolling with new features, while the 22621.746 brings fixes to the know issues.
Speaking about the 22632.746 build first, then it brings preliminary support to rearrange System Tray icons for insiders, the feature is available to users running on build 22623.730. Apart from the new feature, the update addresses the gesture to slide the Start menu open from the bottom issue as well as the taskbar dismiss when you right-click an app icon in the system tray.
Apart from that, the update fixes an issue that affects the Windows Search service and enables ms-appinstaller Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) to work for the DesktopAppInstaller.
Here’s the complete list of changes coming with the new update.
Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22623.746 – Changes and Improvements
- This build includes preliminary support to rearrange System Tray icons for Insiders who have the System Tray updates that began rolling out with Build 22623.730. Further improvements for this experience are coming soon. As a reminder, these System Tray updates are still rolling out and are not available to all Insiders just yet. If your PC does not have these changes, your System Tray experience will remain the same as before.
Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22623.746 – Fixes
- Tablet-optimized taskbar
NOTE: These fixes will only show if tablet-optimized taskbar is enabled on your device. Tablet-optimized taskbar is still rolling out to Windows Insiders and not yet available for everyone.
- Fixed an issue where the gesture to slide the Start menu open from the bottom of the screen using touch might stop following your finger.
- System Tray Updates
NOTE: These fixes will only show if tablet-optimized taskbar with System Tray updates is enabled on your device. Tablet-optimized taskbar and System Tray is still rolling out to Windows Insiders and not yet available for everyone.
- Fixed an issue for Insiders with “automatically hide the taskbar” enabled, where right-clicking app icons in the system tray was unexpectedly making the taskbar dismiss.
Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22621.746 & 22623.746 – Fixes
- We enabled the ms-appinstaller Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) to work for the DesktopAppInstaller.
- We fixed an issue that affects the Windows Search service. Indexing progress is slow when you use the service.
If you’ve joined the Insider Preview via the Beta channel and running on Windows 11, then you’ll receive the new update. You can receive any of the two builds, and if you get Build 22621.746, you will have the option to upgrade to Build 22623.746.
You can simply head over to Settings > Windows Update > click on Check for Updates. And from there you can simply install the update on your PC.
More Related Articles:
- How to upgrade to the Windows 11 2022 update (build 22H2)
- Windows 11 2022 update (22H2) rolls out with bunch of new features
- 33 Essential Windows 11 Tips and Tricks
- Download Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 Wallpapers [FHD+]
- Windows Subsystem for Android latest update brings a slew of enhancements
- Pixel 6 vs Pixel 6a: Which one to choose?
- How to use Nearby Sharing on Windows 11 (Airdrop for PC)