Microsoft will soon be releasing one of the biggest Windows 11 updates ever. I am talking about Windows 11 22H2 Update. But the 22H2 update is already available for Windows 11 Insiders. And today Microsoft released an update Windows 11 Build 22621.317 to Insiders in the Release Preview Channel on Windows 11 version 22H2. The new build comes with a few improvements. Let’s find out what’s new in Windows 11 Build 22621.317.
Microsoft has been testing the upcoming 22H2 update for a long time and it was released on the Release Preview channel in June. Later in the last week of June, it received an incremental update with build 22621.169. And now Windows 11 version 22H2 is getting the second update in the release preview channel as Windows 11 build 22621.317 (KB5015885). If you don’t know. Microsoft will release Windows 11 22H2 at its upcoming event this year.
The new Windows 11 build 22621.317 does not bring new features but it comes with many improvements. You can check the full list of changes below,
Windows 11 Build 22621.317 Changelog
This update includes the following improvements:
- We fixed an issue that prevents troubleshooters from opening.
- We fixed an issue that might increase the latency of games when vertical sync (VSync or v-sync) is in use.
- We fixed an issue that affects the ProjectionManager.StartProjectingAsync API and prevents certain locales from connecting to Miracast Sinks.
- We fixed an issue that causes the Smart App Control to block catalog-signed files.
- We fixed an issue that causes the Take a Test app to remove all policies related to lockdown enforcement when you close the app.
- We fixed an issue that might highly distort photos you take using the Camera app. This issue occurs when using certain cameras under certain low light conditions.
- We fixed an issue that throws an exception when you debug drivers using Visual Studio 2022 version 17.2 or later.
- We fixed an issue that causes the Windows profile service to fail sporadically. The failure might occur when signing in. The error message is, “gpsvc service failed to sign in. Access denied”.
- We fixed an issue that prevents virtualized App-V Office applications from opening or causes them to stop responding.
If you are a Windows 11 Insider in the Release Preview Channel and already on the 22H2 build, then you will get this new build 22621.317 on your PC. You can also check for the update manually in Settings > Windows Update. And once you click on check for updates, it will present the new build which you can download and install on your PC.
Windows 11 Related:
- 33 Essential Windows 11 Tips and Tricks to Master Windows OS
- How to Enable Windows Spotlight Wallpapers on Windows 11 PC (Desktop and Lockscreen)
- How to Enable and Use Desktop Stickers in Windows 11 [Guide]