It’s the last part of the month which means time for new Windows 11 preview builds. The new Windows 11 22H2 build version 22621.1485 is tagged as KB5023778. This is an OS preview update and an optional update with many changes and fixes. Let’s find out more about the march preview update.
Windows 11 21H2 version also gets a preview update with build number 22000.1761 and KB build KB5023774.
Along with the new update, Microsoft has also fixed a specific time frame for the upcoming Windows 11 Preview updates. Earlier the preview build was released in the third week, but there was no specific day for the update. But from April 2023, these preview updates will be released on the fourth Tuesday of every month. Stable builds are released on the second Tuesday of every month.
The Windows 11 22621.1485 Preview update comes with multiple changes. This includes Microsoft account notifications on Start Menu. When you open Start Menu and click on your profile icon, notifications will show up on top. Currently, it’s available for limited users.
The search box on Taskbar will be lighter when a custom color mode is set on the system. This will happen when Windows mode is set to dark and the app mode to light.
Along with these changes, the new update also addresses a bunch of bugs and brings a lot of improvements to the OS.
- This update addresses an issue that affects the Notepad combo box in Settings. It fails to show all the available options.
- This update addresses an issue that affects Microsoft PowerPoint. It stops responding. This occurs when you use accessibility tools.
- This update addresses an issue that affects Microsoft Narrator. It fails to read items in dropdown lists in Microsoft Excel.
- This update addresses an issue that affects USB printers. The system classifies them as multimedia devices even though they are not.
- This non-security update includes quality improvements. When you install this KB:
- New! This update adds many new features and improvements to Microsoft Defender for Endpoint. For more information, see Microsoft Defender for Endpoint.
- This update addresses an issue that affects complexity policy settings for PINs. They are ignored.
- This update addresses an issue that affects the Fast Identity Online 2.0 (FIDO2) PIN credential icon. It does not appear on the credentials screen of an external monitor. This occurs when that monitor is attached to a closed laptop.
- This update addresses an issue that affects a Clustered Shared Volume (CSV). The CSV fails to come online. This occurs if you enable BitLocker and local CSV managed protectors, and the system recently rotated the BitLocker keys.
- This update addresses an issue that affects Active Directory Users & Computers. It stops responding. This occurs when you use TaskPad view to enable or disable many objects at the same time.
- The update addresses an issue that affects the Remote Procedure Call Service (rpcss.exe). The issue might cause a race condition between the Distributed Component Object Model (DCOM) and the Microsoft Remote Procedure Call (RPC) endpoint mapper.
- This update addresses an issue that affects Microsoft PowerPoint. It stops responding on the Azure Virtual Desktop. This occurs while you are using Think-Cell Features.
- This update addresses an issue that affects Windows Search. Windows Search fails inside of Windows container images.
- This update affects the Group Policy Editor. It adds Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.3 to the list of protocols that you can set.
- This update affects the Arab Republic of Egypt. The update supports the government’s daylight saving time change order for 2023.
- This update affects jscript9Legacy.dll. It adds ITracker and ITrackingService to stop MHTML from not responding.
- This update addresses an issue that affects the Microsoft HTML Application Host (HTA). This issue blocks code execution that uses Microsoft HTA. This occurs when you turn on Windows Defender Application Control (WDAC) User Mode Code Integrity (UMCI) enforced mode.
- This update affects the Group Policy Management Console. It addresses a scripting error in the Group Policy Preferences window.
- This update addresses an issue that affects the Windows Remote Management (WinRM) client. The client returns an HTTP server error status (500). This error occurs when it runs a transfer job in the Storage Migration Service.
- This update addresses an issue that affects Desired State Configuration. It loses its previously configured options. This occurs if metaconfig.mof is missing.
- This update addresses an issue that affects the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) option 119 – Domain Search Option. The issue stops you from using a connection-specific DNS Suffix Search List.
- This update addresses a rare issue that might cause an input destination to be null. This issue might occur when you attempt to convert a physical point to a logical point during hit testing. Because of this, the computer raises a stop error.
- This update addresses an issue that affects the Simple Certificate Enrollment Protocol (SCEP) certificate. The system reports some SCEP certificate installations as failed. Instead, the system should report them as pending.
- This update addresses an issue that affects the new Windows Runtime (WinRT) API. This issue stops an application from querying for location information using MBIM2.0+.
- This update addresses a known issue that affects kiosk device profiles. If you have enabled automatic logon, it might not work. After Autopilot completes provisioning, these devices stay on the credential screen. This issue occurs after you install updates dated January 10, 2023, and later.
Windows 11 21H2 preview build also comes with many changes including flyout style search. You can check its complete changes list on this page.
If you are a Windows 11 22H2 or Windows 11 21H2 user, you will receive an update depending on the version. Like other preview updates, this is also a non-security and optional update. So if you want to install the new build go to Settings > Windows Update.
- How to Apply Live Wallpapers on Windows 11 PC [3 Methods]
- What’s New in the Windows 11 22H2 Moment 2 Update?
- Microsoft releases Windows 11 Preview Build 22624.1470 to the Beta Channel