Microsoft has released the monthly Windows 11 update after a long wait. The update is available to all Windows 11 users who are on the stable 22H2 build. As you’d expect from a monthly update, it doesn’t bring much in terms of new features if you have installed the last preview release. But if not then it’s a big update. Let’s find out more about Windows 11 Build 22621.1265.
The last update for Windows 11 users was the preview build 22621.1194 and before that a stable build 22621.1105. As you may already know the stable OS build releases in the first half of each month and the OS preview releases in the second half of each month.
Windows 11 build 22621.1265 tagged as KB5022845. It is a cumulative update for Windows 11 22H2 version. Coming to the changes and new features, there are some improvements as well. The update includes improvements from the last preview update that you can check on this page.
More improvements and highlights in Windows 11 KB5022845:
- Improves app reliability with an IME
- Improves cursor performance for Japanese Kanji
- Images open in preferred photo app
- Easily search for a file based on file contents
- Device can enter sleep mode when game controller is connected
- This update addresses security issues for Windows operating system
- This update makes miscellaneous security improvements to internal OS functionality. No additional issues were documented for this release.
In case you have installed the optional update/preview release last month, then you will receive the package containing only the new changes and improvements, and the update size will be small.
But in case you didn’t install the optional January update, you will receive the full package and the update size will also be more. You can check and upgrade your OS by going to Settings > Windows Update.
After downloading the update, you need to restart your device after charging it to at least 50%.
- How to Optimize Windows 11 for Gaming (15 Ways)
- 33 Essential Windows 11 Tips and Tricks to Master Windows OS
- How to Restore Old Search Button on Windows 11 22H2
- How to enable Tabs in Notepad on any Windows 11