As we are about to enter this weekend, Microsoft has released some Windows 11 updates for Insiders. One of the Windows 11 builds is also available on the Release Preview channel. Windows 11 Build 22000.1279 is the latest update for Windows Insider in the Release Preview Channel.
The Release Preview channel is the last update stage for Insiders. Microsoft releases updates to the release preview channel after a gap of a few weeks unlike the Dev and Beta channel. Release Preview is considered more stable than the beta and dev updates. And after the release preview, the update will be available to the Public. The last release preview was the big 22H2 update.
The new Windows 11 build 22000.1279 is tagged as KB5019157 (original release). It is not a big update and only comes with a bunch of bug fixes apart from a new addition which is the Quick Assist application for client devices. You can check the full changelog below.
- New! We provided the Quick Assist application for your client device.
- We fixed some persistent update failures for the Microsoft Store.
- We fixed an issue that affected some devices that are managed by an enterprise. It improved the reliability of app installations for them.
- We fixed an issue that affected Unified Update Platform (UUP) on-premises customers. It removed the block that stops them from getting offline language packs.
- We fixed an issue that affected cluster name objects (CNO) or virtual computer objects (VCO). Password reset failed. The error message was, ” There was an error resetting the AD password… // 0x80070005”.
- We fixed an issue that affected Microsoft Direct3D 9 (D3D9). It caused D3D9 to stop working when you use Microsoft Remote Desktop.
- We fixed an issue that affected the Windows Firewall service. It did not start when you turned on the Override block rules option.
- We fixed an issue that might have affected applications that run on the Windows Lock Down Policy (WLDP). They might have stopped working.
- We fixed an issue that affected Microsoft Defender for Endpoint. Automated investigation blocked live response investigations.
- We fixed an issue that affected TextInputHost.exe. It stopped responding.
- We fixed an issue that affected pinned apps on the Start menu. The Start menu stopped working when you moved between pages of pinned apps. This issue occurred when the language is a right to left (RTL) language.
As you know the Release Preview is a part of the Windows Insider program, the new Windows 11 build 22000.1279 is available to Insiders in the same channel. If you have opted for the release preview you will see the new update on your device. You can check for the update manually by going to Settings > Windows Update. And once you click on check for updates, it will show the new build which you can download and install on your PC. Connect your PC to charger during update.
Windows 11 Related:
- 33 Essential Windows 11 Tips and Tricks to Master Windows OS
- What’s New in the Windows 11 22H2 Moment 1 Feature Drop Update?
- How to Manually Install Apps on Windows 11 [Guide]
- How to Customize Lock Screen in Windows 11 [Guide]