Microsoft releases the new Windows 11 23H2 (KB5032190) update to the Public. Last month, its preview build was released, but this is the first official build. And it comes with many new features and changes. Today’s Windows 11 23H2 update is available in two builds 22631.2715 and 22621.2715.
Microsoft also announced that after February 27, 2024, Windows 11 version 22H2 will not receive optional, non-security preview updates. And only cumulative monthly security updates will be rolled out.
The update brings all the features from the preview build to the public. This includes the Copilot preview in select regions. Copilot is the main attraction of the update as it is powered by AI, it let you execute many tasks, all you have to do write your query or command. Other changes include:
- Enhanced volume mixer in Quick Settings using which users can use to customize volume for each app
- It let users share files through Outlook email directly within the Windows share window. Right click and share.
- The new UI in File Explorer is organized better and let users find files easily
- Windows backup app to make the backup process much easier. Easily restore apps that were pinned in start menu and taskbar
- Enhanced screen reading and voice access
- Users can now hide time and date in system tray
- Separate taskbar buttons
These are just some main features and changes. You can visit the official Microsoft page to see all the changes.
If you are on a official Windows 11 version 22H2, then you will be receiving the new Windows 11 version 23H2 over the air.
You can check for the update by going to Settings > Windows Update. Once the update is available, click on Download and Install. Windows updates sometime takes too much time and so make sure your laptop is connected to charger or PC to power source.
More to Check: