Apple has dropped the second beta of watchOS 9. The new beta comes out after two weeks of the watchOS 9 announcement. The firm has also released new updates for iOS 16, iPadOS 16, tvOS 16, and macOS 13. The second beta is seeding with a bunch of new features and changes. Read along to know more about the watchOS 9 beta 2 update.
Apple kicks off the new firmware with a 20R5307h build number and it weighs around 430MB in size. Yes, it is a big update compared to the normal incremental beta upgrades. You can easily update your Apple Watch to the second beta after upgrading your iPhone to the iOS 16 beta 2. watchOS 9 will be available later this fall for Apple Watch Series 4 and newer models, currently available for developers, if you’re a developer, you can freely install it on your smartphone.
Moving to the features and changes, then the second beta of watchOS 9 houses an updated workout app. The new workout app brings custom workouts and improvements for runners, swimmers, and triathletes. Apart from that, we can expect system-wide enhancements with this update. The newest version of watchOS boasts a slew of new features, including, four new watch faces, an Enhanced Workout app, a new Medications app, Afib history, improved privacy, and more. You can check out the complete list of features, by heading over to this page.
Now let’s take a look at how you can install watchOS 9 beta 2 on your Apple Watch. If your Watch is already running on watchOS 9 beta (the first beta) with profile installed, then you’ll receive the update over-the-air. But, if you want to install the beta for first time, then here are the steps.
watchOS 9 Developer Beta 2 Update
If your iPhone or iPad is running on the latest version of iOS 16 or iPadOS 16 developer beta, then you can easily sideload the update on your Watch.
- At first, you need to login to Apple Developer Program website.
- Then, head over to the downloads.
- Tap on watchOS 9 beta 2 available under featured downloads. Then tap on the download button.
- Now install watchOS 9 beta 2 profile on your iPhone, then authorize the profile by going to Settings > General > Profiles.
- Now restart your iPhone.
Here are some prerequisites, that you can check before installing it on your Apple Watch.
- Make sure that your Apple Watch is charged to at least 50% and connected to the charger.
- Make sure that your iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi.
- Make sure that your iPhone is running on iOS 16.
How to install watchOS 9 Dev Beta 2 Update
- At first, open Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap on My Watch.
- Then click on General > Software Update > Download and Install.
- Enter the password for confirmation.
- Tap on Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Once done, tap on Install.
- That’s it.
Now the watchOS 9 dev beta 2 update will download and transfer to your Apple Watch. And after the completion of the installation process, your watch will restart. Once all done, you can start using your Apple Watch.
You May Also Like – 15 Stunning Wallpapers for iPhone 11, 12, and 13 – YMWC
If you have any queries, you can drop the comments in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: