Finally, the wait is over! Apple has finally released the much-awaited watchOS 9.2 software upgrade for the Apple Watch. Apple is pushing the new software – watchOS 9.2 with new features such as advanced race route workouts, improved accuracy and response time of hand gesture controls for AssistiveTouch, optimizations to crash detection feature, and more.
watchOS 9.2 goes live on eligible Apple Watch models with 20S361 build number. The latest incremental update weighs approx. 383MB in size. If you own the Apple Watch Series 4 or newer model, then you can easily upgrade it to the latest watchOS 9.2.
With the new software, Apple Watch gets support for the advanced race route works which lets you compete against your previous performance, Noise app now displays changes in environmental sound levels while wearing AirPods Pro (1st-Gen) and AirPods Max, and a better kickboxing algorithm also introduced with watchOS 9.2 for better metrics.
Apart from these changes watchOS 9.2 bring improvements to crash detection for Apple Watch Ultra, Watch Series 8, and Watch SE (2nd-Gen), improved accuracy and response time of hand gesture controls for AssistiveTouch, and more.
watchOS 9.2 – What’s New
Here is the complete list of changes coming with the watchOS 9.2.
- Outdoor Run workout now automatically detects when you arrive at a running track and provides track specific metrics
- Race Route lets you compete against your previous performance in Outdoor Run, Outdoor Cycle, and Outdoor Wheelchair Workouts
- New custom Kickboxing algorithm in the Workout app for more accurate metrics
- Noise app displays when environmental sound levels are reduced while wearing AirPods Pro (1st generation) and AirPods Max with active noise cancellation
- Family Setup users can be invited to the Home app to control HomePod speakers and smart home accessories, and unlock doors with home keys in Wallet
- Accessibility support to visualize when Siren is in use on Apple Watch Ultra
- Improved response time and accuracy of hand gesture controls for AssistiveTouch and Quick Actions
- Crash Detection optimizations on Apple Watch Ultra, Apple Watch Series 8, and Apple Watch SE (2nd generation)
- Fix for bug that causes display of incorrect watch time immediately after dismissing an alarm in Sleep Focus
- Fix for bug causing interruptions to mindfulness sessions
How to install watchOS 9.2 update
iPhone owners need to upgrade to iOS 16.2 update before installing watchOS 9.2 on the Apple Watch. You can check the new software both on your Watch or on the Apple Watch app on your iPhone. Here’s how you can upgrade your Apple Watch to the new watchOS 9.2.
- At first, open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap on My Watch.
- Then click on General > Software Update > Download and Install.
- Enter the password for confirmation.
- Tap on Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Once done, tap on install.
Once you tap the install button, it will download and install the newest update on your Apple Watch. Once the installation process is completed, the watch will automatically reboot to the latest watchOS 9.2 update.
- 20 Best Minimalist Wallpapers for iPhone and Android – YMWC 11
- How to Lock YouTube Screen on iPhone and Android [Guide]
- How to Mirror Apple Watch to iPhone on iOS 16
- Download iPhone 14 (Pro) Wallpapers [QHD+ Resolution]
- How to batch edit photos on iPhone [iOS 16]
- How to Change Notifications Layout on Lock Screen [iOS 16]
- How to use Safety Check on iPhone [iOS 16]