Apple seeds the first watchOS 9.1 beta to the developers. The new beta comes three days after the release of the watchOS 9 public. The first beta seems more focused on the stability side. Apart from that, Apple Watch users can access the new features of watchOS 9. Explore more details on the watchOS 9.1 beta.
Apple is sowing the latest beta on the Apple Watch with a 20S5044e build number. The first incremental beta measures around 620MB in size to the developers. Obviously, the update is available to the Apple Watch Series 3 and the new models. If you’re a developer, then you can easily upgrade your Apple Watch to the latest software.
As always, Apple did not mention anything new in the changelog of the latest dev beta. We can expect system improvements and bugs fixes with this update. watchOS 9 comes with the enhanced workout app with three new running form metrics, including Stride Length, Ground Contact Time, and Vertical Oscillation. There are four new customizable watch faces, including, the Astronomy face, Lunar face, Playtime with animated numbers, joined by the Metropolitan watch face with lovely color combinations.
Now let’s take a look at how you can install watchOS 9.1 beta on your watch.
watchOS 9.1 Dev Beta Update
If you want to get access of the watchOS 9.1 beta, then make sure that your iPhone or iPad is running on the latest dev beta (iOS 16.1 beta). If your device is running on the latest software, then you can easily sideload the new software on your Apple Watch.
- At first, you need to login to Apple Developer Program website.
- Then, head over to the downloads.
- Tap on watchOS 9.1 beta available under featured downloads. Then tap on the download button.
- Now install watchOS 9.1 beta profile on your iPhone, then authorize the profile by going to Settings > General > Profiles.
- Now restart your iPhone.
Here are some prerequisites, that you can check before installing it on your Apple Watch.
- Make sure that your Apple Watch is charged to at least 50% and connected to the charger.
- Make sure that your iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi.
- Make sure that your iPhone is running on iOS 15.
How to install watchOS 9.1 Beta Update
- At first, open Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap on My Watch.
- Then click on General > Software Update > Download and Install.
- Enter the password for confirmation.
- Tap on Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Once done, tap on install.
Now the watchOS 9.1 developer beta update will download and transfer to your Apple Watch. And after the completion of the installation process, your watch will restart. Once all done, you can start using your Apple Watch.
More Related Articles: