Apple finally shows off its next-generation watchOS, the latest Apple Watch software is dubbed as the watchOS 8. The newer iteration of watchOS carries a slew of new features, improved privacy, and optimizations. And the developers got an early access of the watchOS 8. If you’re a developer, then you can now sideload the watchOS 8 beta on your Apple Watch. Here you can check everything about watchOS 8 developer beta update.
Apple plants the watchOS 8 on Apple Watch with 19R5266q software version. The latest update is available for Apple Watch Series 3 or newer models. The public beta build will be available from July 2021. And the final stable build will be available this fall.
In terms of changes and new features, then the watchOS 8 knocks up with Portrait Watch Face, assistive touch, ability to track respiratory rate during Sleep, GIF support, along with some new health apps. Portrait Watch Face allows you to pick photo taken with iPhone’s portrait mode, and the best thing is, users can customize it.
Apple Watch Series 6 will get car key support in the coming days. Talking about the health apps then the watchOS 8 comes with the Mindfulness app (previously known as Breathe app), brings improvements to the Sleep app along with the respiratory rate support. So these are some major highlights of the new watchOS 8. Now let’s take a look at the steps on how to install watchOS 8 beta on Apple Watch.
watchOS 8 Developer Beta 1 Update
If your iPhone or iPad is running on the latest version of iOS 14 or iOS 15 developer beta, then you can easily sideload the update on your Watch.
- At first, you need to login to Apple Developer Program website.
- Then, head over to the downloads.
- Tap on watchOS 8 beta 1 available under featured downloads. Then tap on the download button.
- Now install watchOS 8 beta 1 profile on your iPhone, then authorize the profile by going to Settings > General > Profiles.
- Now restart your iPhone.
Here are some prerequisites, that you can check before installing it on your Apple Watch.
- Make sure that your Apple Watch is charged to at least 50% and connected to the charger.
- Make sure that your iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi.
- Make sure that your iPhone is running on iOS 15.
How to install watchOS 8 Developer Beta 1 Update
- At first, open Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap on My Watch.
- Then click on General > Software Update > Download and Install.
- Enter the password for confirmation.
- Tap on Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Once done, tap on install.
Now the watchOS 8 developer beta update will download and transfer to your Apple Watch. And after the completion of the installation process, your watch will restart. Once all done, you can start using your Apple Watch.
You May Also Like – Best Wallpapers for iPhone 12 Pro Max
If you’ve any queries, then you can drop the comments in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: