Last week, Apple kicked-off the release candidate build of the newest watchOS 7. The incremental update of watchOS 7 – watchOS 7.6 is finally available to the public. watchOS 7.6 update brings support of Irregular heart rhythm notification and ECG app to 30 more countries. If you’re going to update your Apple Watch to the latest update, then here you can explore everything about watchOS 7.6 Update.
The latest public update weighs similar to the last week’s releases candidate build, users require to download a 177MB OTA to get access to the latest update. Apple sows the new build with 18U63 build number. As it is a public update, anyone can freely download it on their Apple Watch. Although, the update is limited to users owning Apple Watch series 3 or newer. The watchOS 7.6 is the next big incremental update over the watchOS 7.5 released in May.
Now let’s take a look at the features and changes comes with the newest watchOS 7.6 update. As per the release notes, Apple extends availability of ECG app and Irregular Heart Rhythm Notification extended to more countries (30 regions to be precise). You can move to this page to check complete list of countries. This time, the changelog doesn’t feature any big change this time, but we can expect it bring some improvements to the Apple Watch. Here’s the complete changelog you can check before updating your Watch.
watchOS 7.6 Public Update – Release Notes
watchOS 7.6 includes new features, improvements, and bug fixes:
- Support for the ECG app on Apple Watch Series 4 or later in 30 additional regions. For a list of available regions, visit: https://www.apple.com/watchos/feature-availability/
- Support for irregular heart rhythm notifications in 30 additional regions. For a list of available regions, visit: https://www.apple.com/watchos/feature-availability/
For information on the security content of Apple software updates, please visit this website: https://support.apple.com/HT201222
Download watchOS 7.6 Update
Apart from watchOS 7.6, Apple also rolls out iOS 14.7 for iPhone. After updating your iPhone to the newer version, you can easily sideload the latest watchOS 7.6 public update on your Apple Watch. You can follow below steps to update your Apple Watch to the newest build.
Note: You’ll not lose any data if you update your Apple Watch through the airborne update (aka OTA).
- Make sure that your Apple Watch is charged to at least 50% and connected to the charger.
- Make sure that your iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi.
- Make sure that your iPhone is running on iOS 14.7.
How to install watchOS 7.6 Update on Apple Watch
- At first, open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap on My Watch.
- Then click on General > Software Update > Download and Install.
- Enter the password for confirmation.
- Tap on Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Once done, tap on install.
- That’s it.
That’s it. Now you can start using your Apple Watch running on watchOS 7.6 public update.
You May Also Like – Download Samsung Galaxy A-series Live Wallpapers
If you’ve any queries, then you can drop the comments in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: