In the first week of February, Apple started testing watchOS 7.4 on the Apple Watch with a flurry of new useful features. This time, Apple released seven beta builds of watchOS 7.4 for testing.
Today, Apple has finally released the watchOS 7.4 Release Candidate update for Apple Watch. Release Candidate is the new naming for Apple’s Golder Master builds. Yes, the RC patch bags all the features which are going to come with the public update. We can expect Apple will soon roll out the public update. Here’s everything you need to know about the watchOS 7.4 Release Candidate Update.
The latest watchOS 7.4 RC goes official with 18T195 build number and weighs around 136MB size to download. The release candidate update is freely available to download for the developers. Obviously, this patch is available for Apple Watch series 3 or later. It’s one of the biggest updates for the Apple Watch. The update arrives with the anticipated unlock iPhone with mask feature.
If your iPhone is running on iOS 14.5, then you can use your Apple Watch to unlock your iPhone without removing Mask. This is a pretty handy feature in the times of the COVID-19 pandemic. Apart from this, the update also bring AirPlay 2 support for Apple Fitness+, this means that, you can cast the workouts to AirPlay 2 enabled TV. Definitely, it also improve the overall performance.
watchOS 7.4 Release Candidate Update – What’s New
- Ability to unlock your iPhone X and later with Apple Watch when you attempt to use Face ID while wearing a face mask
- Option to classify Bluetooth device type in Settings for correct identification of headphones for audio notifications
- Ability to stream audio and video content from Apple Fitness+ workouts to AirPlay 2-enabled TVs and devices
- Support for the ECG app on Apple Watch Series 4 or later in Australia and Vietnam
- Support for irregular heart rhythm notifications in Australia and Vietnam
Download watchOS 7.4 Release Candidate Update
- At first, you need to login to Apple Developer Program website.
- Then, head over to the downloads.
- Tap on watchOS 7.4 beta available under featured downloads. Then tap on the download button.
- Now install watchOS 7.4 beta profile on your iPhone, then authorize the profile by going to Settings > General > Profiles.
- Now restart your iPhone.
Here are some prerequisites, that you can check before installing it on your Apple Watch.
- Make sure that your Apple Watch is charged to at least 50% and connected to the charger.
- Make sure that your iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi.
- Make sure that your iPhone is running on iOS 14.5 RC.
How to Install watchOS 7.4 Release Candidate Update
- At first, open Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap on My Watch.
- Then click on General > Software Update > Download and Install.
- Enter the password for confirmation.
- Tap on Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Once done, tap on install.
Now the watchOS 7.4 RC update will download and transfer to your Apple Watch. And after the completion of the installation process, your watch will restart. Once all done, you can start using your Apple Watch.
You May Also Like – How to Customize Your Activity on Apple Watch
If you’ve any queries, then you can drop the comments in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: