From a past few weeks, Apple is testing the watchOS 7.2 on the Apple Watch. Today, the company has finally kicked-off the watchOS 7.2 release candidate update. If you are wondering about the release candidate, then, the Release Candidate aka RC Update is a new name for the Golden Master. Obviously, the new update packs a bunch of new features and improvements to the Apple Watch. Here’s everything you need to know about watchOS 7.2 Release Candidate Update.
watchOS 7.2 RC update is seeding with 18S563 build number and measures only 137MB of download size. As always, developers can freely update their Apple Watch to the newer build. With today’s release, we expect the public release sometime in next week. It’s one of the biggest updates for the Apple Watch, it comes with a flurry of new features that you can use on your Watch.
One of the biggest highlights of the new update is the Apple Fitness+, the subscription is available for users in Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, United Kingdom, and United States. The fitness experience is available for iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV. Apple also bring ECG app support on Apple Watch Series 4 or later in Taiwan. Here you can check the complete changelog aka release notes.
watchOS 7.2 Release Candidate Update – What’s New
- A new fitness experience powered by Apple Watch with studio-style workouts available on your iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV
- Video workouts added each week in ten popular workout types: High Intensity Interval Training, Indoor Cycling, Yoga, Core, Strength, Dance, Rowing, Treadmill Walking, Treadmill Running, and Mindful Cooldown.
- Fitness+ subscription available in Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, United Kingdom, and United States.
The update also includes the following features and improvements.
- Option to be notified when your Cardio fitness is at a low level.
- Ability to review your Cardio fitness level.
- AFib will now be detected even when the BPM are over 100.
- Support for Family Setup in Bahrain, Canada, Norway, and Spain.
- Support for the ECG app on Apple Watch Series 4 or later in Taiwan.
- Support for braille displays with VoiceOver.
Now let’s take a look at the process to sideload the newer watchOS 7.2 release candidate update.
Download watchOS 7.2 RC Update
- At first, you need to login to Apple Developer Program website.
- Then, head over to the downloads.
- Tap on watchOS 7.2 beta available under featured downloads. Then tap on the download button.
- Now install watchOS 7.2 beta profile on your iPhone, then authorize the profile by going to Settings > General > Profiles.
- Now restart your iPhone.
Here are some prerequisites, that you can check before installing it on your Apple Watch.
- Make sure that your Apple Watch is charged to at least 50% and connected to the charger.
- Make sure that your iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi.
- Make sure that your iPhone is running on iOS 14.
How to Install watchOS 7.2 Release Candidate Update
- At first, open Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap on My Watch.
- Then click on General > Software Update > Download and Install.
- Enter the password for confirmation.
- Tap on Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Once done, tap on install.
All done? You can start using your Apple Watch on watchOS 7.2 Release Candidate.
You May Also Like – How to Customize Your Activity on Apple Watch
If you’ve any queries, then you can drop the comments in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: