Apple finally addresses the Apple Watch’s battery drain bug with the watchOS 10.1.1 update. Although the incremental update is primarily focused on resolving battery life issues it also fixes other important bugs on the watchOS. Read on to learn more details related to the watchOS 10.1.1 update.
Apple is pushing the new software to the watch with a 21S71 build number with a download size of around 140MB on the Apple Watch Series 7. As it is a small upgrade, you can quickly install it on your watch.
Apart from the watchOS 10.1.1 update, Apple pushed iOS 17.1.1 to iPhone with two fixes including a lock screen weather widget bug and a wireless charging fix.
In terms of changes available on the watchOS 10.1.1, the release notes confirm the update comes with important bug fixes and addresses an issue that could cause the battery to drain more quickly for some users.
In addition to these changes, you can still access the features available on the recently released watchOS 10.1. You can use NameDrop to share contacts with Apple Watch, DoubleTap on your Watch Series 9, My Card, and other features.
watchOS 10.1.1 update
If your iPhone or iPad is running on the latest version of iOS 17.1.1, then you can easily install the watchOS 10.1.1 on your Watch.
- Open the Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap General > Software Update.
- Select the Download and Install option on the new update.
- That’s it.
Make sure that your Apple Watch is charged at least 50% and connected to a WiFi network. After installing the beta profile, open the Apple Watch app on your phone, head over to General > Software Update > Download and Install, then install the new software.
Now the watchOS 10.1.1 will download and transfer to your Apple Watch. And after the completion of the installation process, your watch will restart. Once all done, you can start using your Apple Watch.
If you’ve any query, let us know in the comment section. Also, share this article with your friends.
- iOS 17.1.1 addresses wireless charging and lock screen weather widget glitches
- How to use NameDrop on iPhones (iOS 17)
- How to Set Up and Use Personal Voice on iPhone [iOS 17]
- How to Use Google Lens on iPhone and iPad
- How to Set up and Customize Contact Posters on iPhone [iOS 17]
- How to Ping Your Apple Watch from iPhone [iOS 17]
- How to use Apple Maps Offline on iPhone [iOS 17]