Vivo has started rolling Android 12 based Funtouch OS 12 beta update for two more Y-series phones. Just a few days ago, Vivo pushed the big update to the Vivo Y53s. Now its a time for the Vivo Y21 and Vivo Y73. Yes, the two phones now join the club of phones running on Android 12 based Funtouch OS 12. The new software packs a bunch of new features, enhancements, and fixes. At the time of writing, the software upgrade is available to limited users, read along to know more details about it.
Starting with the Vivo Y73, then while replying to a user’s comment, Vivo’s Funtouch OS confirms that Android 12 beta is now available for Vivo Y73. The update is rolling in a staged manner, currently, available to select users, if everything goes fine with this build, it will be released for everyone. Some users have already received the Funtouch OS 12 on their phones and as per the information, the update is rolling with PD2078F_EX_6.70.39 firmware version, weighs a whopping 3.75GB in size. Here’s the complete changelog of the new update.
Vivo Y73 Android 12 update – What’s New
- With this update, your device will be updated to Funtouch OS 12 Global, which brings you a brand-new experience with various features, as well as improved system security and performance. Get ready for an all-new experience.
- Small but powerful widgets. We have reinterpreted and reorganized the information on different platforms, condensing core information into each widget. Now you can view important information and complete core actions on the home screen.
- Optimized the UI of Nano Music Player
- With just one tap on the home screen, you can enter a new world of music. Your listening experience will not be interrupted by repeatedly switching the sound source, making it incredibly simple and easy to enjoy music.
- We provide stickers with different features, which allows you to change the text and image background and choose from a variety of colors so that you can match and express yourself as you wish. Make stickers as colorful as you like.
- Small Windows
- Small windows are simple to open. You can drag to resize them and change where they float, making multitasking easier.
- Security & Privacy
- Added the feature in which an approximate location” is given to apps. Apps will only get an approximate location instead of a precise one. Added the app hibernation feature. If you haven’t used an app for months, it will be denied access to all permissions by the system.
Moving to the Vivo Y21, then the as of now, the upgrade is in a testing phase and available to grayscale testers only. Yes, Vivo has officially confirmed while responding to a user on Twitter, here’s what Vivo said in its response – “Hi, thank you for contacting us. We would like to inform you that the Android 12 beta update for the vivo Y21 handset is under the greyscale test. If there will be no big bugs in the new version, we will increase the release quantity. Hope for your understanding.”
If you own the Vivo Y73 or Vivo Y21, then make sure that your smartphone is running on the newest software version. If your phone is already running on the latest software, then check the updates manually in the Settings app once, as there are sometimes when OTA notification does not arrive.
You May Also Like – Pixel 6’s Bloom Inspired Wallpapers
If you still have any queries, then leave a comment in the comment section. Also, share this article with your friends.