The official TWRP Recovery is now added support to few more Android devices including Moto G7 Plus. So if you have a Moto G7 Plus and waiting for official TWRP recovery then this is the only guide you have to follow. Here you will know how to download & install TWRP Recovery on Moto G7 Plus.
TWRP Recovery is a custom recovery introduced by TeamWin project team for Android phones. Until now many phones have support for official TWRP recovery and many more to be supported in the future. There are plenty of advantages of using a custom recovery instead of stock recovery. So if you are planning to use TWRP on Moto G7 Plus follow this guide carefully.
The latest TWRP 3.3.x comes with some amazing features which cut the unnecessary timing that you spend on old TWRP Recovery. It comes with extra customization feature with an easy interface. And now after a long wait, the latest TWRP 3.3.x is now available for Moto G7 Plus. Let’s get to the guide to install TWRP on Moto G7 Plus.
Download TWRP 3.3 for Moto G7 Plus (Official)
Official TWRP Recovery extended its support to few more phones. And all the credit goes to developers for their work. You can easily download the TWRP Recovery for Moto G7 Plus using the given link below.
Download TWRP for Moto G7 Plus
Download the recovery image file from the link and then follow the installation guide given below.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Moto G7 Plus
Installing TWRP on Moto G7 Plus is a bit different so don’t miss out any step. Each step is mandatory to follow. Installation requires an installer file which is used to install TWRP Recovery. There are two slots in Moto G7 plus and TWRP will auto-detect the slot and install itself in the active slot. Make sure to follow prerequisites before following the steps.
- First you need to unlock bootloader of Moto G7 Plus
- Charge your phone to at least 50%
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on PC
- Download the TWRP image file (use the above download link)
Steps to Install TWRP on Moto G7 Plus
- Open Settings on your phone.
- Go to System > About phone and tap 7 times on build number.
- Go back to System and expand Additional settings.
- Open Developer Option and enable USB debugging. Also make sure OEM unlocking is enabled.
- Now turn off your phone and boot the phone into Fastboot Mode.
- While in Fastboot mode connect your phone to PC using a USB cable.
- Copy the TWRP image file to C:\adb location. Change the name of file to TWRP.img (twrp-3.3.1-0-lake.img to twrp.img)
- In the same location, press Shift + Right click on an empty area and select “Open PowerShell window here” or “Open Command window here”.
- Enter the below command to install TWRP on Moto G7 Plus
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- The above command will install the TWRP recovery on Moto G7 Plus (lake). Now you can access TWRP using stock recovery button combo.
- That’s it this is the method to install TWRP recovery.
In step 7 it is not mandatory to change the name of the file but you need to use the same name as the file in step 9. It is easy and time saving on changing the name of the file.
Once you have the TWRP installed on your phone, you can take advantage of its amazing features like directly flashing zip files and more. And you can also take a nandroid backup using TWRP whenever you want. So this is it in the TWRP recovery for Moto G7 Plus. If you get any error while installing the twrp, let us know about the error in the comment section and we will reply with a solution.
2 thoughts on “Download & Install TWRP Recovery on Moto G7 Plus”
C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>fastboot boot twrp-3.3.1-0-lake.img
OKAY [ 0.617s]
FAILED (remote failure)
finished. total time: 1.593s
I keep getting this error when I try. Any help?
You need to first unlock the bootloader before installing the TWRP recovery.