These days transfer of data is one of the important things between Computers. Generally, we use Pendrive, External Hard Disk or USB cable for the transfer of files. But we all know PenDrives and other external drives are not as fast as we want. External HardDisk are a bit faster, But what if we don’t have External Drive. Then You can use LAN cable to transfer files which will save a lot of time. It is a one-way process we don’t have to transfer to any medium, we can directly send the file to the destination. So in this post, you will know How to Transfer Files from PC to PC Using LAN Cable. You need LAN cable, two PC. Follow the Images to understand easily.
How to Transfer Files from PC to PC Using LAN Cable
Steps to Connect Computers:
1) At first, connect both PC with LAN Cable.
2) Go to Open Network and Sharing Center from Control Panel or just Right click on wifi icon and open it.
3) Then Go to Change advanced sharing settings.
4) Now Turn on Network Discovery, File Sharing and Turn off password protected sharing.
5) Open the ethernet connection property and select IPv4 and set the proxy.
IP Address: 192.168.1.1
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway: 192.168.1.2
6) Now go to System Properties. And make sure that both PC has the same Workgroup.
7) Now apply all the above process to the other PC. But alter the IP Address and Default Gateway.
IP Address: 192.168.1.2
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway: 192.168.1.1
Steps to Transfer Files:
1) Open My Computer and go to Network. In here both the PC will appear.
2) Now go to PC from where you want to transfer file and select the file you want to share. Right-click on File or folder and select share with and then specific people.
3) Select Everyone from the list. And give it Read and Write Permission and click on share.
4) Now your file or folder has been shared so click on Done.
5) Now go to other PC where you want these file. And select Network and open the folder of PC who shared the file.
6) Open the shared folder and copy its content or just Copy the folder. And paste in any of your drives.
7) Now it will start copying on your drive with more than 10MB/s speed.
That’s all in How to Transfer Files from PC to PC Using LAN Cable. For more Tips and Tricks check out other posts.
Stay connected to YTECHB for latest Tech News, Mobile Tricks, and Tips, Telecom News, Accessories, Reviews and Much more. Also, Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter, and Subscribe us on YouTube @YTECHB.
Also Read: How to Enable Google Assistant on Windows, Mac, and Linux
2 thoughts on “How to Transfer Files from PC to PC Using LAN Cable”
Very nice and informative article
Thanks so much for sharing
Thank you so much! Your way of presenting the procedure is vastly preferable to any of the others I have seen over these past 2 weeks. I have tried and tried to get two Windows 10 PCs to see each other and share data. I even had a professional do a remote access and attempt the same but to no avail after an hour and a half. I myself have spent way too many hours attempting to do this. So many of the others assume we know networking basics but there are so many “little” things that are different on each computer, it is only by showing pictures of each screen that I was able to make it work. I am so grateful because my original PC had given me the BSOD already several times and I have 1000s of photos I needed to transfer to my new PC before the older one bites the dust. I do not have time to use USB flash drives, etc. to do slower transfers. Again, kudos to you!!!