Android 12 was released in October last year and soon after it arrived on the OnePlus 9 series with OxygenOS 12. But there was no update for other eligible OnePlus phones, including the beta after that. Finally about six months after the Android 12 release, OnePlus extended the Android 12 based OxygenOS 12 to more phones. Here you will get to know everything about OxygenOS 12 for OnePlus 9R, OnePlus 8, OnePlus 8 Pro, and OnePlus 8T.
Well, this is an Android 12 based stable OxygenOS 12 update, but first, it is available for Open Beta Testers (OBT) and in a few days the same build will be available for everyone. It shouldn’t take almost half a year for a reputed OEM like OnePlus to update a flagship phone that is at least 1 or 2 years old. But the same thing happened last year.
The Android 12 based stable OxygenOS 12 for the OnePlus 9R is available in India with build number LE2101_11.C.14. Stable OxygenOS 12 for the OnePlus 8T is live in India and North America with build numbers KB2001_11.C.11 and KB2005_11.C.11 respectively. And for the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro, the build numbers are as follows:
OnePlus 8 Pro
As the OxygenOS 12 is a major update based on Android 12, the update also weighs more and brings many new features. The update changelog is almost similar for all three phones that you can check in the changelog section.
OxygenOS 12 Update Changelog:
- Optimized desktop icons with improved textures, by using a design inspired by brand-new materials and uniting lights and layers
- Fixed the issue that background applications are abnormally closed in specific scenarios
- Fixed the issue with lens permissions when using third party camera applications
- Fixed the issue of screen cannot respond when receiving notifications
- Dark mode now supports three adjustable levels, bringing a more personalized and comfortable user experience
- New additional style options for Cards, making data contents more visual and easier to read
- Newly added Earphone Control Card with Bluetooth earphone one-click adjustment
- Newly added access to OnePlus Scout in Shelf, allowing you to search multiple contents on your phone, including Apps, Settings, Media Data, etc
- Newly added OnePlus Watch Card in Shelf, to easily glance at your health stats
Work Life Balance
- Work Life Balance feature is now available to all users, allowing you to effortlessly switch between Work and Life mode via quick settings
- WLB 2.0 now supports automatic Work/Life mode switching, based on specific locations, Wi-Fi network, and time, also bringing customized App notification profiles according to the personalization
- Gallery now allows you to switch between different layouts with a two-finger pinch gesture, intelligently recognizing the best-quality pictures, and cropping the thumbnail based on the content, making the gallery layout more pleasing
- Canvas AOD brings you new diverse styles of lines and colors, for a more personalized lock screen experience with inspiring visuals
- Newly added multiple brushes and strokes and support for color adjustment
- Optimized software algorithm and improved face recognition to better identify the features and skin color of different figures
- Fixed the issue that unable to automatically connect to Wi-Fi
- Fixed the issue that wireless earphones cannot play sound when connecting Bluetooth in specific scenarios
The Stable OxygenOS 12 update for mentioned three phones is first available to Open Beta Testers. But it will be available to everyone in a few days. We will update the information once the update is available to Stable branch users. If you are using the OxygenOS 12 Open Beta then you may have already received the update and if not it will be available soon. Sometimes the update notification doesn’t work so in that case you can manually check for the latest update from Settings > System > System Update.
You can also update your phone immediately using the local update method if it is not available on the System Update page. All you have to do is download the OTA zip file using the Oxygen Updater app or other reliable source and install it manually by selecting Local Upgrade in System Update settings.
You May Also Like | Download Google Camera 8.1 for OnePlus 9R
Before upgrading your OnePlus 9R, OnePlus 8, OnePlus 8 Pro, and OnePlus 8T to OxygenOS 12 make sure to take a full backup and also charge your phone to alteast 50%.