Spreadtrum chipset is very common in feature phones. And if you own a feature phone with Spreadtrum chipset then this guide is helpful for you. Here you get to download SPUpgrade Tool for Windows PC with its user guide.
What is SPUpgrade Tool?
SPUpgrade tool is a small utility tool for Windows and it is used to flash stock ROM on feature phones with Spreadtrum chipset. The tool is available for the Windows platform. It is a portable tool that doesn’t require installation. Flashing Stock ROM or Firmware with SPUpgrade will fix your phone if it is not starting or bricked.
- Windows XP
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 10
If you want to know more about the tool then read the below features of the SPUpgrade tool.
SPUpgrade Tool – Features
Flash Firmware: The tool allows users to flash Firmware or stock ROM on their feature phones running on Spreadtrum chipset. To flash Firmware first download the right firmware for your phone and flash it using the SPUpgrade tool.
Small & Portable Tool: SPUpgrade tool is a small tool and doesn’t take much space on the computer. The tool doesn’t require installation. To open the tool double click on the executable file.
Support Feature Phones: It supports feature phones that run on Spreadtrum chipset. Feature phones are phones which feature buttons and don’t count on smartphones. It contains the number buttons and runs on Java platforms.
Support PAC Format: The tool supports .pac file to flash stock ROM/Firmware on feature phones. You can find the .pac file in the Firmware file. First, extract the Firmware file and select the .pac file on the tool and flash it.
Download SPUpgrade Tool (All Versions)
The tool is useful for Spreadtrum feature phone users, as it is capable of flashing Firmware and fixing bricked phones. You can also update your device firmware with this tool. This tool is only for feature phones and it will only run on the Windows platform. So if you have a feature phone and a Windows PC then you can download the tool from below links. We have included all the available versions of the tool.
After downloading the tool you can extract and directly use it. There is no need for its installation. If you don’t know how to use the SPUpgrade tool to flash Firmware on Feature phones then you can follow the guide given below.
- Download the SPUpgrade tool from the above links
- Download correct Firmware for your phone (.pac format)
- Install Spreadtrum drivers on your computer
- Take a backup of data like Contacts
Must Check | Download SPD Flash Tool (All Versions)
How to Use SPUpgrade to Flash Firmware
It is a small tool and it has a very simple user interface, and so using the tool is very easy. You just need to find the correct firmware and flash it on your phone.
- Copy the downloaded SPUpgrade tool & Firmware on your computer.
- Extract the SPUpgrade tool file and run the SPUpgrade.exe.
- The SPUpgrade tool will open in a new window.
- In the tool, click on the Load Packet button (Settings icon).
- Locate the .pac firmware that you downloaded at starting and click Open.
- Now turn off your phone and connect the phone with a USB cable.
- Then click on the Start Downloading button to start flashing the Firmware.
- Wait for the installation, you can track the progress in the Progress bar.
- After successful flashing, it will show green text below the Progress bar.
- That’s all, Restart your device and enjoy.
You can also try this tool for flashing Firmware on smartphones and tablets with Spreadtrum chipset. It might also work on these phones.
So there you have it the complete guide on Download SPUpgrade tool and how to use SPUpgrade tool to flash Firmware on Spreadtrum devices. If you get any error when using the tool let us know in the comment section.