Snapchat is among the popular multimedia messaging Apps liked by millions of users. Almost 100 million users use the Snapchat daily and over 1 billion snap posted every day. Snapchat with its unique features has succeeded to attract billions of people. Snapchat app is available for Android and iOS devices only. But we can also get Snapchat for PC running on Windows and Mac. This requires only a few minutes and then you are good to Go.
Snapchat is created by a group of former students at Standford University. The main idea of Snapchat is to connect people in the world. Snapchat is the first messaging App that brought AR into a messenger. It is like the Pokemon Go game in which you can place any AR image and experience it in the real world. Other than AR Snapchat also provides features like:
- Snap map to track everything that is going on in the world.
- Personal Emoji to create your own emoji and see it as a real life with the help of AR.
- AR Stickers to experience the world with amazing Stickers. Place any sticker anywhere in the real world.
- Special effects are available to change any photo, video. Like you can change the voice pitch to make it funny. You can also create stickers of your own.
- Snapchat News to keep track of whats going on in the world. All the news is published by trusted publishers like The New York Times, The wall street journal, Harper’s Bazaar and many more.
How to Get Snapchat for PC
We all know that Snapchat is only available for Android and iOS devices. So to get Snapchat for PC Windows follows the following method.
1) Android Emulators
There are several Android emulators available for PC which will help you to run Snapchat on PC. Check out the list of Best Android Emulator for PC. Among all these emulators I will suggest that use Bluestacks App player which is the best Android Emulator in my opinion. But it’s not the best choice if you are looking for a lite emulator. Android emulator is a platform to run Android OS on PC. So using any Android Emulator you can download and install all Android apps and games on your PC. Even if you don’t want to install Snapchat for PC, it is recommended to have an Android emulator on the computer.
I will describe the steps to get Snapchat for PC using Bluestacks Android Emulator. Bluestacks App Player is my favorite Android Emulator because of its extraordinary features. The best thing I like about Bluestacks is that it has unique features like the capability to root the emulator. Other features such as Key Mapping where we can assign the console or keyboard keys to control Mobile games, Bluestacks provides a key assignment for any type of console.
- First Download the Bluestacks App Player. Also, check for updates if you are reading it after months from the posting date. The latest Bluestacks is not necessary but the Bluestacks is always improving so it is good to have the latest version.
- Now Install the downloaded file it will take some time.
- Then complete the setup of Bluestacks App Player.
- Download the Snapchat APK file and install it. It will automatically install on Bluestacks when you double-click on the APK file.
- Or you can download and install Snapchat directly from Play Store itself which you will find in Bluestacks. [Link]
- And then run the Snapchat and log in on Snapchat.
- That’s all, enjoy using Snapchat.
I will suggest following the first method instead of the second method because it is the easiest method. Also, this method is reliable and useful in many cases. Remeber using an Android Emulator requires better hardware for a smooth experience.
2) Remix OS
Do you know about Remix OS? It is an operating system based on Android including all the functions of Android. Just like Android Emulator, it provides a platform to use Android Apps and games on PC. So if you don’t want to use an Android Emulator then you should definitely use Remix OS. We can say that the Remix OS is more efficient than Android Emulator because it uses all the resources on PC and so everything runs at maximum capacity. But you need to install it as a dual boot system. It means if you are using Remix OS you can not use Windows except in case of VMWare.
The installation of Remix OS is tough, so you need to install it very carefully. Check out the video of how to install Remix OS on PC to simplify the installation. Useful links are available on Remix OS official site.
After installing Remix OS follow the given steps to get Snapchat for PC.
Steps to Install Snapchat on Remix OS:
- You need to download the Snapchat APK. Now go to the settings > security > enable the Unknown Sources.
- Now install the downloaded app on your Remix OS. After installation, open the app and enjoy messaging.
- You can also download from the Play Store but first, you need to install Play Store on Remix OS. Because Remix OS does not provide Play Store by default maybe the new update has play store.
Also Read: How to Play Android Games on PC [Full Guide]
How to Get Snapchat for Mac
To get Snapchat for Mac you can use the first method. Yes, Bluestacks App Player is also available for Mac OS. Check how to install Bluestacks App Player on Mac.
- Go to Bluestacks Official Site and Download the setup.
- Then open the setup to start the installation procedure.
- Give App Store access and Application communications and then click on Install.
- Then click on continue to agree on their terms and conditions.
- During installation, you may get the System Extension blocked message with two options open security preference and OK.
- So here you need to choose Security Preference. And then click on Allow.
- After this wait for the installation and then Enjoy Bluestacks on your Mac OS.
After successful installation simply follow the steps from method one of the section on how to get Snapchat for PC. And then you can use Snapchat on your Mac.
This is how you can get Snapchat for PC. These are the two best methods you can find on the internet. I can not say that these methods are the time saver but these methods are efficient in other ways. Here I will suggest going for the Android emulator method because it let you use Android apps along with Windows OS.
Also Check: How to Root Blustacks 2 & 3 – Full Tutorial
I hope you have got what you were looking for. And feel free to drop your question in the comment box. If you need any help you can use the facebook link.