Apple releases iOS 15.2 beta 2 and iPadOS 15.2 beta 2 for iPhone and iPad respectively. Last week Apple didn’t release an update, but the weekly beta update for this week is now available. The new beta update comes with some notable changes to the iPhone and iPad. Here you can check about iOS 15.2 beta 2 and iPadOS 15.2 beta 2.
With this new beta release, iOS 15.2 is now one step closer to the stable release which we can expect early next month. Users who have opted for the beta can now update their iPhone or iPad to the new beta for testing new features.
Along with iOS 15.2 Beta 2 and iPadOS 15.2 Beta 2, Apple also releases macOS Monterey 12.1 Beta 2, tvOS 15.2 Beta 2, and watchOS 8.3 Beta 2. Both iOS 15.2 Beta 2 and iPadOS 15.2 Beta 2 come with build number 19C5036e. The update size will vary as per the device. Talking about features, it comes with some new features and changes.
iOS 15.2 Beta 2 comes with new modem firmware, so if you had any connectivity issues in the previous build, then it might get fixed with this update. Also with iOS 15.2 Beta 2, Apple lets users manually check if an AirTag is tracking you that is put by another person. Now you can easily use the Hide my email feature from Mail. Legacy Contact is also a new feature in iOS 15.2 Beta 2.
iOS 15.2 Beta 2 and iPadOS 15.2 Beta 2
iOS 15.2 Beta 2 and iPadOS 15.2 Beta 2 are now available to developers and soon updates will be available to public beta testers. You will receive the update on your eligible iPhone and iPad if you have the beta profile installed in it. You can also manually check for updates by going to Settings > General > Software Update. And once you see the update, click on the download & install button to get the update.
If you are using the public build of iOS 15.1 or iPadOS 15.1 then you will have to opt for beta by installing a beta profile to get the beta updates. Installing a beta profile is easy and reliable. Also, remember the update will be bigger if you are switching from public to beta as fresh.
How to get iOS 15.2 Beta 2 & iPadOS 15.2 Beta 2
- Go to the Apple Beta Software program site.
- Then scroll down a bit and click on Sign in if you have Apple ID.
- On the next page, select the correct OS for your devices like iOS 15 or iPadOS 15.
- Scroll down till Getting Started and click on Enroll your iOS device.
- Now you need to install a profile from the next Page. For this, click on the Download Profile.
- In Settings, you will get a new option ‘Profile Downloaded’. Go to the new section and install the profile.
- After installing the Profile, reboot your device. And you are ready to install iOS 15.2 Beta 2 on your iPhone or iPadOS 15.2 Beta 2 on iPad.
After installing the beta profile, you can go to Settings > Software Update to install the latest update on your iPhone or iPad. You can also install iOS 15.2 Beta 2 with the full IPSW file using Finder or iTunes.