Galaxy Fold the first phone of the fold series and it is now getting a new update with Galaxy Z Fold 2 features. Samsung started the One UI 2.5 rollout with the Galaxy S20 series and now a bunch of top Galaxy phones received the update. And now it’s time for the Galaxy Fold users to experience the latest One UI 2.5 features. Here you will know all the new features that come with Galaxy Fold One UI 2.5 update.
The last big update for Galaxy Fold was released in April which came with Android 10. Samsung is already working on the One UI 3.0 update which will be based on Android 11 and you can also expect the One UI 3.0 for your Galaxy Fold. But that can take some time, and till then enjoy the latest One UI 2.5 which also brings many new features for better performance.
Let’s now check some more info about the Galaxy Fold One UI 2.5 Update. The update comes with the firmware version F907NKOU3CTJ1. And the One UI 2.5 update also brings the latest October security patch. It comes with the update size around 1200 MB. It brings all the new One UI 2.5 features and Galaxy Fold 2 features on the Galaxy Fold. Below you can find all the changes in the latest update.
Samsung Galaxy Fold One UI 2.5 Update – Changelog
- DeX wireless connection support.
- Connect wirelessly to a TV using Wi-Fi Direct (Miracast compatible).
- Quick setting window-DeX
- Samsung Smart TVs released after 19 years are recommended.
- Supports screen size and font size adjustment options for users to customize for various screen sizes.
- If the quality information of nearby Wi-Fi routers can be checked, it is displayed as very fast, fast, medium, or slow.
- This function can be set in “Display Network Quality Information”.
- When connecting to a Wi-Fi router with a password set, a function to request the password of the Wi-Fi router from another user who is stored in the contacts and already connected to the router has been added.
- If a password can be requested, a “Password Share Request” button will be displayed on the Wi-Fi password input screen.
Always On Display
- Support for Bitmoji stickers on Always On Display.
- Youtube search function added to the search function of the keyboard.
- Split keyboard support in landscape mode.
- Added a search function to the “Input Language Management” screen of the keyboard settings, so that you can easily find the languages you want to add/remove
- Enhanced functions such as Pro Video (microphone directivity, histogram, camera setting [Pro Video Size] menu added, etc.)
- Pre-set SOS message Added the ability to call one of the contacts.
- Added the ability to send SOS location sharing messages every 30 minutes for 24 hours.
- Support for importing PDF files.
- You can add handwriting over text.
- Supports page division and page number search.
So these are the new features and changes introduced in the latest One UI 2.5 Update for Galaxy Fold.
The latest One UI 2.5 update started rolling and it may take a while to reach on all the Galaxy Fold devices. But in case if you want to try the latest One UI 2.5 update right away then you can manually install or flash updates on your phone.
But first, make sure to check for the update manually as sometimes OTA doesn’t come in the notification. Go to Settings and then Software Update. Refresh the software update page and if it shows the update then you can download and install it on your phone.
For the manual upgrade, you can download the firmware manually using the Frija tool, SamFirm tool, or SamMobile website. If you are using one of the tools then enter your model and country code and download the firmware. Once downloaded, you can flash the firmware using Odin Tool. Then flash the file to your device. If you want to do so, then I recommend you take a backup before installing the update. That’s it.
You May Also Like – Download Google Camera for Samsung Galaxy A51
If you have any query, then make sure to drop it down in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles:
- Download Samsung Galaxy A42 5G Wallpapers
- Download iPhone 12 Pro Wallpapers
- Best Samsung Themes for Galaxy Phones