Just a few days ago, Samsung released One UI 2.5 update for the Galaxy A51 and Galaxy A71. Now, last year’s A-series phone – Galaxy A70s starts receiving the One UI 2.5 update. The latest build is seeding over-the-air in India. Here’s everything you need to know about the Samsung Galaxy A70s One UI 2.5 Update.
Samsung starts pushing the new patch with A707FDDU3BTH4 build number alongside the October 2020 monthly security patch. This build weighs approx. 1.6GB of download size, as for now, it is rolling in India, will also be available to other regions in coming days. The Galaxy A70s will get a slew of new features, except the Wireless DeX and enhanced Pro Video Mode feature.
In terms of changes, then the Galaxy A70s One UI 2.5 Update brings Bitmoji stickers support on AOD, Split Keyboard support for Landscape mode, Improvements to the default camera app, and a few other features along with a slew of system improvements. Not only this, but the update also bumped up the monthly security patch to October 2020 monthly security patch.
Here you can check the One UI 2.5 Update for Galaxy A70s – Changelog
- If quality information on nearby Wi-Fi routers can be measured, this information will appear as Very Fast, Fast, Normal, or Slow.
* This feature can be turned on or off in “Network Quality Information Display” settings.
- When attempting to access a Wi-Fi router with a password, a newly added feature now allows the user to request the password of the Wi-Fi router from someone nearby who is saved in their contact list and has already connected to that router.
* The “Request Password” button will appear on the Wi-Fi password input screen when you can request a password.
Always On Display
- Bitmoji Stickers are supported on Always On Display. (Clock style)
- A new feature has been added to the keyboard search feature that allows the user to search YouTube.
- Split Keyboard is supported on Landscape mode.
- The search function of the “Manage Input Languages” screen in the Keyboard Settings page has been newly updated to make it easy to find keyboard input languages that the user wishes to add or delete.
- Improved the quality and stability of the camera.
- A feature has been added that allows the user to call a person who is saved as a pre-configured SOS message contact.
- A feature has been added that allows the user to send SOS location-sharing messages every 30 minutes for 24 hours.
The security of your device has been improved.
As I said earlier, the airborne update starts seeding from India, the OTA might take some time to reach every device. If you’re in a haste, then you can also manually update your Galaxy A70s to the One UI 2.5 update. You can check the newer updates in Settings > Software update.
For manual upgradation, you can download the firmware manually using Frija tool, SamFirm tool, or SamMobile website. If you are using one of the tools then enter your model and country code and download the firmware. Once downloaded, you can flash the firmware using Odin Tool. Then flash the file to your device. If you want to do so, then I recommend you to take a backup prior, before diving in to the process. That’s it.
You May Also Like – Download Google Camera for Samsung Galaxy A70s
If you have any query, then make sure to drop it down in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles:
- Download Samsung Galaxy S20 FE Wallpapers
- Download iPhone 12 Pro Wallpapers
- Best Samsung Themes for Galaxy Phones