Samsung already starts rolling the Android 11 update for the latest flagship devices. But there are some Galaxy phones still pending for the One UI 2.5 update. And today Samsung pushed the One UI 2.5 update for two devices, Galaxy A50 and Galaxy A90 5G. Galaxy A90 is a mid-range phone with good performance and the latest update will boost the performance even further. Here you will know what’s new in the Galaxy A90 5G One UI 2.5 update.
One UI 2.5 is a major upgrade after the One UI 2.1 and it packs with some news features. But it is based on the same Android 10 as the One UI 2.0. Earlier we shared the news that Samsung is testing the One UI 3.0 beta on the Galaxy A90 5G. And so it was obvious that Samsung will first roll out the One UI 2.5 update. And finally, it is here starting from South Korea. But it will soon roll out in other regions as well.
The Galaxy A90 5G One UI 2.5 update is rolling out in South Korea with the firmware version A908NKSU3CTL3. It will be over 1GB in size and you can install it on your phone directly from Settings. As it is a major update you will also get to experience some new features. Let’s now see what’s new in the update.
Galaxy A90 5G One UI 2.5 update – Changelog
- If quality information on nearby Wi-Fi routers can be measured, this information will appear as Very Fast, Fast, Normal, or Slow.
* This feature can be turned on or off in “Network Quality Information Display” settings.
- When attempting to access a Wi-Fi router with a password, a newly added feature now allows the user to request the password of the Wi-Fi router from someone nearby who is saved in their contact list and has already connected to that router.
* The “Request Password” button will appear on the Wi-Fi password input screen when you can request a password.
Always On Display
- Bitmoji Stickers are supported on Always On Display. (Clock style)
- A new feature has been added to the keyboard search feature that allows the user to search YouTube.
- Split Keyboard is supported on Landscape mode.
- The search function of the “Manage Input Languages” screen in the Keyboard Settings page has been newly updated to make it easy to find keyboard input languages that the user wishes to add or delete.
- Improved the quality and stability of the camera.
- A feature has been added that allows the user to call a person who is saved as a pre-configured SOS message contact.
- A feature has been added that allows the user to send SOS location-sharing messages every 30 minutes for 24 hours.
Galaxy A90 5G is getting the same features in the One UI 2.5 update similar to other Galaxy devices that already received the update.
Some of these features include WiFi network quality indicator, Bitmoji stickers support on AOD screen. In the new update, there is a new option to request the WiFi password.
The One UI 2.5 update on Galaxy A90 5G also brings split keyboard layout and YouTube search on the Samsung keyboard. You can now easily find input languages on the keyboard.
Galaxy A90 5G also gets the Pro video camera mode for better and stable recording. And as usual, this update also fixes some known bugs and improves the performance of the device.
Now if you have doubt on how to get the update, then you may already be receiving the update over the air for South Korea. And as we know the history that Samsung releases the update for other regions within a few days. The same you can expect for the Galaxy A90 5G device. So wait for a few days until it rolls out in other regions.
And once you have the One UI 2.5 firmware you can flash it on your phone using the Odin flash tool. But make sure to use firmware for your region as cross flashing may not be compatible for daily use.
You May Also Like – Download Google Camera for Samsung Galaxy A70s
If you have any queries, then make sure to let us know in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: