Last month, Samsung announced the One UI Watch 4.5 beta program in mainland South Korea. The firm knocked out the first beta of the new update in the first week of June. After testing the new update for two weeks, today, Samsung kicked off the second beta of the new One UI Watch 4.5. The update goes live for the Galaxy Watch 4 and Watch 4 Classic. Here you can check more details about the new update.
Samsung officially confirms the rollout of the second beta on its community forum. Obviously, the new build goes live for users who opted the beta program and running on the first beta of One UI Watch 4.5. Samsung kicks off the new beta with the ZVF5 build number, users can easily update to the new build after updating Galaxy Watch 4 plugin to the latest 126.96.36.19962011 version.
Moving to the features, then Samsung is seeding the new update with features like dual SIM functionality, a new unified composer, a seamless keyboard/voice input experience, revamped alarm settings, and many more. Here’s the complete changelog of the One UI Watch 4.5 second beta.
- Improving app running performance
- Enhancement of GPS stability
- Stabilizing health functions, and improving running and swimming performance
- Fixed issues that are slow or terminated in Health app
- Stabilizing power consumption
- Fixed that My Photo+, My Style background photo, and AR emoji character are not restored when the data is restored
- Fixed that the call receiving screen is not displayed when Watch music is playing during Watch and Buzz connection
- Fixed issue that the reminder alarm remains after snooze
- Fixed issue that is cut off on the weather screen when the font size is enlarged
- Other improvements are applied
Samsung is pushing the new update to the Galaxy Watch 4 and Galaxy Watch 4 Classic in the USA and South Korea. If your watch is already running on the first beta, then you’ll get the new update over the air. As I mentioned earlier, the company has released the new Galaxy Watch 4 plugin by which you can quickly install the latest beta.
If you want to join the beta and taste the new features of One UI Watch 4.5, then follow these steps.
- Launch the Samsung members app on your Galaxy smartphone.
- You will see the banner that talks about the One UI Watch beta program. Tap on it.
- You will now be registered for the beta program.
- All you have to do is wait for your application to be accepted and soon you should be getting the One UI Watch beta update.
- In the meantime, it is advisable to install the latest beta version of the Galaxy Wearables app.
Before you go ahead to install the update, you need to note that the firmware could have some bugs and functionality issues. Also, you will not be able to roll back to the latest stable version of Watch UI even if you wish to. So, think about it and then proceed with updating your Galaxy Watch Series 4.
- How to enable Google Assistant on Galaxy Watch 4
- How to update Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
- Download Samsung Galaxy M53 Wallpapers