Two more Galaxy phones joined the One UI 5.1 club. Samsung is now rolling out the incremental software upgrade for the Galaxy F13 and Galaxy M13 4G. The duo receives the latest software with a nice set of features as well as system-wide enhancements. Read along to know more details.
Samsung is seeding the new firmware to the Galaxy F13 with E135FXXU2CWB4, currently rolling out in India. The update goes live on the Galaxy M13 4G with M135FXXU2CWB4 available in European Union and Taiwan. It will be released to other regions in the coming days. The duo picks up the new software with February 2023 monthly security patch along with several new features.
For features, the new software is rolling with updated stock apps, a battery widget, a dynamic weather widget, allows editing EXIF information of images and videos, a better camera and gallery including quick access to selfie features, support for family sharing album in the gallery, quick access to Expert RAW, and many more.
- Camera and Gallery
- Quickly change the color tone for selfies: It’s easier to change the color tone of your selfies using the Effects button at the top of the screen.
- Discover Expert RAW: Expert RAW lets you take high-quality shots, perfect for those who want to have full control and edit photos later. Expert RAW is now easier to access from the More menu in Camera.
- More powerful search: You can now search your Gallery for more than one person or subject at the same time. You can even search for people without tagging their names just by tapping their faces.
- Enhanced image remastering: Remastering does more to make your pictures look great by removing shadows and reflections. You can also remaster GIFs for better resolution and clarity. Preview has also been improved to make it easier to compare the original picture with the remaster.
- Create a shared family album: It’s easier than ever to share pictures with your family. Gallery will recommend pictures to add to your shared family album by recognizing the faces of family members you select. You get 5 GB of storage for each family member (up to 6 people).
- Revamped info display: When you swipe up while viewing a picture or video in your Gallery, you can see when and where the picture was taken, which device took the picture, where the picture is stored, and more. Now with a simpler layout.
- Easily minimize or switch to full screen: You can now minimize or maximize an app window without going to the options menu. Just drag one of the corners.
- Access your most used apps in split screen: When you start a split-screen view, the apps you use most often will be shown below your recently used apps to help you find the apps you need faster.
- Improved multitasking in DeX: In split-screen view, you can now drag the divider in the center of the screen to resize both windows. You can also snap a window to one of the corners to make it fill a quarter of the screen
- Modes and Routines
- Change wallpapers based on your mode: Set a different wallpaper based on your current activity. Choose one wallpaper for work, one for exercising, and more.
- More actions for routines: New actions let you control Quick Share and Touch sensitivity, change your ringtone, and change your font style.
- Quick access to useful information: Check severe weather alerts, daily weather summaries, and sunrise/sunset times at the top of the Weather app. The temperature graph now uses colors to show how the temperature changes throughout the day.
- Hourly precipitation graph: An hourly graph now shows how much precipitation has fallen at different times of the day.
- Summary on Weather widget: A brief summary of the current weather conditions now appears on the weather widget to let you know if it’s sunny, cloudy, raining, or snowing.
- Samsung Internet
- Continue browsing on another device: If you’re browsing the web on one Galaxy phone or tablet and later open the Internet app on another Galaxy device signed in to the same Samsung account, a button will appear that lets you open the last webpage you were viewing on the other device.
- Improved search: Your searches now include the names of bookmark folders and tab groups. Improved search logic lets you find what you’re looking for even if something isn’t spelled correctly.
- Additional Changes
- Check the battery level of your devices: The new Battery widget lets you check the battery level of your devices, right from the Home screen. You can see how much battery is left on your phone, Galaxy Buds, Galaxy Watch, and other supported devices.
- Use up to 3 emojis in AR Emoji Camera: Take fun pictures and videos with your friends in Mask mode. You can assign a different emoji to each person’s face.
- Settings suggestions: While signed in to your Samsung account, suggestions will appear at the top of the Settings screen to help you share, connect, and enhance your experience across your Galaxy devices.
- Spotify suggestions: The Smart suggestions widget now recommends Spotify tracks and playlists based on your current activity. Get the perfect tunes for driving, exercising, and more. To get suggestions, you need to sign in to a Spotify account in the latest version of the Spotify app.
- Choose where to save screenshots: You can now change the folder where screenshots are saved.
Now whether you own the Galaxy F13 or Galaxy M13 4G you can easily update your phone to One UI 5.1 by navigating to Settings > Software Upgrade > Download and Install and check for the new updates.
Before upgrading your phone make sure to backup your data and charge your phone to at least 50%. If you are in a hurry, then you can manually sideload the firmware on your phone, if you know the process. Whether you want to update your phone through OTA or want to sideload the firmware, check out this story for more information about updating Galaxy phones to the new update.
- How to Customize Home Screen on Samsung Galaxy Phones (One UI 5)
- How to Customize Lock Screen on Samsung Galaxy Phones (One UI 5)
- One UI 5.1 update rolling out for Galaxy A14 5G and Galaxy M13 5G
- Download Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra Wallpapers
- How to Stack Widgets on Samsung Galaxy Phones
- Top intriguing features of Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra