Samsung is now rolling out the stable Android 11 update for Galaxy Tab Active 3 in Canada and the USA. The update arrived on its schedule and brings new features to the tablet. So if you are waiting for the update, you can now get the Android 11 on Galaxy Tab Active3. Samsung is catching up to the remaining devices and now the OEM has now finally added Active3 to the list of phones which received the Android 11 update. Read more to know about the Galaxy Tab Active 3 Android 11 update.
Galaxy Tab Active 3 was released back last year in 2020 with Android 10 out of the box. Earlier this year, the news came to our attention that the Android 11 for Galaxy Tab Active3 will be released in July. And as promised, they have started rolling out the stable Android 11 based One UI 3.1 for Galaxy Tab Active 3 in Canada & the USA.
Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3 Android 11 comes with build numbers T577UVLU3BUF4 & T577UUEU3BUF6 depending on your region. Since it is a major update expect new features and many other changes. It also brings the June 2021 security patch on Tab Active 3. Check out the changelog to know the full changes.
Samsung Galaxy Tab Active3 Android 11 Update Changelog
We’ve refreshed the look and feel of One UI 3.1 in lots of ways, big and small, from new, more consistent icons to smarter organization of the quick panel and notifications. Motion is smoother and more natural than ever, with improved animations and haptic feedback for common interactions. And the interface responds to different screen sizes to provide the best experience on any device, whether it’s a phone, foldable, or tablet.
We optimized One UI 3.1 with enhanced dynamic memory allocation, so apps run faster and perform better. We’ve also restricted background activities to provide better performance and power usage.
- New image categories have been added to Dynamic Lock screen, and you can select up to 5 categories at once.
- On the Lock screen, you can add a widget to check your usage time.
- Get an interactive preview when setting a wallpaper.
- Adjusting the Lock screen is easier.
- Add a call background to see a picture or video when you make or receive a call.
- In Samsung Internet, you can reorder and lock tabs.
- Bixby Routines has even more controls to help you automate your life.
- New icons and Lock screen widgets make it easier to find and control your routines.
- Use Digital Wellbeing with separate personal and work profiles.
Home screen and Lock screen
- Add widgets by touching and holding an app on the Home screen.
- Turn off the screen by double tapping on an empty space on the Home or Lock screen. (Set it up in Settings > Advanced features > Motions and gestures.)
- On the Lock screen, tap the clock area to see widgets like calendar, weather, and music.
Calls and chats
- See conversations separately in the notification panel. Works with Messages and your favorite chat apps.
- Easily remove duplicate contacts stored in the same account in Contacts. The storage period for deleted contacts has been extended from 15 days to 30 days.
- Added the ability to edit multiple linked contacts from a single screen.
- Added Trash in Messages so that recently deleted messages are stored for 30 days.
Pictures and videos
- Take pictures quicker with improved auto focus and auto exposure.
- View, edit, and share pictures and videos more easily from Gallery.
- Find pictures and videos quicker with new search features and categories in Gallery.
- Revert edited pictures to their original versions at any time, even after they’re saved, so you never lose a shot.
- Settings has a new simpler look and feel. Your Samsung account is shown at the top, and Home screen settings are now easier to access.
- Find the settings you need more easily with new Search features. You’ll get better results for synonyms and common misspellings, and you can tap on tags to see groups of related settings.
- Quick settings buttons have been reduced to provide only the most commonly used features. You can also add buttons to create your own customized quick panel.
- Increased the number of input languages to 370.
- Made it easier to paste copied images and verification codes from text messages.
- Added emoji and sticker suggestions when you enter a text-based emoticon.
- Reorganized Keyboard settings so it’s easier to access frequently used settings.
Maintain a healthy balance between work and life by minimizing repetitive and complicated tasks and handling them efficiently.
- New routines will be recommended based on your daily life and usage patterns.
- Bixby Routines provide a setting to return everything to the way it was before the routine ran.
- In Internet, you can hide the status and navigation bars for a more immersive experience and quickly translate webpages.
- You’ll be prompted to block websites that send too many pop-ups or notifications.
- You can browse and select cloud drive files from the file selection screen in My Files.
- You can now delete cache files in My Files to easily free up storage space.
- Events with the same start time are displayed together in the month and list views in Calendar.
- Use your phone or tablet app icon layout in Samsung DeX so you know where everything is.
Easy media and device control
Media and device control is easier with the improved media panel in notifications. You can see recently used media apps and quickly change the playback device. You can also check Android Auto settings in the Advanced features menu in Settings.
Identify and improve your digital habits
Improved Digital Wellbeing features make it easy to check how you’re using your phone or tablet and help you form good digital habits. Check your usage while driving or see weekly changes in your screen time by function at a glance through upgraded weekly reports.
Accessibility for everyone
One UI 3.1 recommends useful accessibility features for you based on your usage. The improved Accessibility shortcut makes accessibility features easier to start and use. You can use the Speak keyboard input aloud feature to get voice feedback of your typing even when TalkBack is turned off.
Stronger privacy protection
You can now let an app access to your microphone, camera, or location just one time. Any permissions that an app hasn’t used in a while will be automatically revoked. You can no longer give apps permission to always see your location in the regular permission popup. To let apps access your location when they’re not in use, you need to go to the location permission page for the app in Settings.
- Extract the date and address from the event title and recommend automatic registration.
- Receive notifications from SmartThings devices that also have specified schedule notifications.
- The performance of Camera has been improved
Buds Auto Switching
- Support Buds auto switching between Galaxy phone and tablet.
- Extract the date and address from the reminder memo and recommend to register automatically, and remind important information by situation.
- It is now possible to protect your privacy by deleting the location information of previously taken photos before sharing or posting them on social media.
- Synchronize valid links created on devices with the same registered Samsung account.
- The use of social media services has been simplified. It is possible to share profiles, photos, notes, schedules, and more with friends simply by logging in to your Samsung account.
- In Clock, you can hear the time and preset name of the alarm read aloud when an alarm rings.
Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3 Android 11 Update
As we mentioned earlier the stable Android 11 based One UI 3.1 update for Galaxy Tab Active3 is now available in Canada & the USA. The update brings a huge number of changes that you may get to experience soon after updating your phone. Since this is a staged rollout just like other One UI update, you may get the update in the first batch or you may have to wait for a few days more to get the update. And so if you are a Galaxy Active3 user in Canada, you can expect the update soon. Sometimes the notification doesn’t arrive for the update. In that case, you can check for the update by going to Settings > Software Update.
But if you can’t wait for the update to arrive over the air, then you can also manually install the update using firmware. You can download the firmware from Frija tool, Samsung Firmware Downloader. If you are using one of the tools then enter your model and country code and download the firmware. Once downloaded, you can flash the firmware using Odin Tool. Then flash the Firmware on your device. If you want to do so, then I recommend you take a backup prior to diving into the process. That’s it.
You May Also Like – Download Android 12 Inspired Wallpapers [4K]
If you’ve any queries, then let us know in the comment box below. Also, share this article with your friends.