Samsung Galaxy A9 (2018) gets Android 10 Update with One UI 2.0. The device was launched in 2018 with Android Oreo 8.0, later it gets Android Pie 9.0. Now the company has started rolling out the newest version of Android. The update knocks up the device with the latest monthly security patch and a bunch of new features. If you’re using Samsung Galaxy A9 (2018) then, here you can Download Samsung Galaxy A9 (2018) Android 10 Update [Stable Firmware].
After successfully releasing the update for Galaxy A30, A50, A50s, A70, A70s, A80, and the Galaxy A90 5G. It arrives on Galaxy A9 (2018). As of now, the update is weeding in Poland, soon, it will be available in other regions. But the firmware is available for manual up-gradation if you want to taste new features of One UI 2.0 before the arrival of official OTA notification, then you can download the firmware available in the download section.
The update brings a bunch of new features on Galaxy A9 (2018), It comes with a built-in screen recorder, better dark mode (previously known as Night Mode), new full-screen navigation gestures, enhanced one-handed mode, digital wellbeing, & improved privacy and location controls. It also has all the basic features of Android 10. This release gains A920FXXU3CTCD and weighs around 1.8GB in size. Here’s the complete changelog.
Android 10 Update for Samsung Galaxy A9 (2018) – Changelog
- Night mode name changed to Dark mode.
- Enhanced image, text, and color adjustments for day and night environments.
- Darkened wallpapers, widgets, and alarms while Dark mode is on.
Icons and Colors
- Clearer app icons and system colors.
- Improved layouts for titles and buttons to eliminate wasted screen space.
Full Screen Gestures
- Added new navigation gestures.
- Settings moved to Settings > Advanced features > One-handed mode.
- The battery usage graph now provides more detailed information.
- Set goals to keep your phone usage in check.
- Use Focus mode to help avoid distractions from your phone.
- Keep an eye on your kids with new parental controls.
Added Trash feature for Contacts. Contacts that you delete will stay in the trash for 15 days before being deleted forever.
Download Samsung Galaxy A9 (2018) Android 10 Update [Stable]
One UI 2.0 based Android 10 Update is now available to download for Galaxy A9 (2018). As of now, the OTA is rolling in Poland, it may take a few days or weeks to arrive on every unit. If you’re in a hurry then, you can update your device by sideloading the firmware. You can download the firmware from the Samsung server using SamFirm tool, Frija, or from any third-party websites. Below we list the firmware link and step by step procedure by which you can update your Galaxy A9 (2018) to Android 10. Here’s the download link.
- Download Android 10 Update for Samsung Galaxy A9 (2018) [Stable] (A920FXXU3CTCD)
- Make sure to charge your phone to at least 30%.
- Download Android 10 Firmware for Galaxy A50 (Specific region or global region recommended) using SamFirm or Frija Tool.
- Download Odin tool on your computer.
- Install ADB & Fastboot driver on your pc.
- Take a full backup of your data, in case of failures you may lose your data.
- We request you to follow the steps carefully so that you can successfully update your phone without any harm.
How to Install Android 10 Update on Galaxy A9 (2018)
- Open the Odin Flash Tool on your file.
- Extract the download firmware folder and there you will find 5 files AP, BL, CP, CSC, HOME_CSC.
- Turn off your phone. Then long press Volume Up + Volume Down together and when holding both buttons, connect the phone to pc via USB cable.
- Release both buttons when you see the Warning screen. Then press Volume Up button once to boot into Download Mode.
- When the device is in Download Mode the Odin tool will detect the device and show blue color near ID: COM.
- Now click on the AP button and load AP file from the extracted folder. Also load BL, CP and CSC file. And in the User Data tab load the Home_CSC file. If you are using Firmware from a different region then don’t select the file in User Data. It will delete all data and install the latest version.
- After loading all required files click on the Start button and it will start flashing the Firmware.
- After flashing, the tool will show the ‘Pass’ message and the phone will auto reboot.
After reboot, you get to use the latest Android 10 features and OneUI 2.0 features. You can follow the same process to install any other update if you want to install it before it reaches on your phone.
You May Also Like – Download Google Camera for Samsung Galaxy Phones
If you’ve any queries then, you can leave it in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends on social media.
More Related Articles: